4 - 4

Hange fills you in on your way to the horses.

There was a bomb planted in Zackly's office that killed him and several other officers. People were rioting, demanding that Eren be released as he was the best choice for 'Eldia's salvation'- but then they discovered that Eren had escaped anyways and dozens of Survey Corps were missing. Hange rattled off names, but the only one you recognized was Floch, which just made you irrationally angry.

Hange told you that they call themselves the "Jaegerists". People who support Eren and whatever his plan may be without question.

Since when did Eren become so separated from everyone else? He was so normal, still friendly and loud, albeit a bit more reserved- and then he was gone to Marley, enacting his own plan with no guarantee that the Survey Corps would even follow it.

You should've noticed. You should've realized something.

When you get to the horses, the rest of your squad is already there. Everyone's wearing the long green Survey Corps coats and you feel severely underdressed (you're in comfy loose pants and a long sleeved shirt) until Mikasa hands you a spare coat. "Thanks," you murmur, taking it from her.

She nods. "Glad you're back."

"Here, let me help," Sasha says quickly. She steps over to you and helps you pull the sling out from around your neck so that you can get the jacket on. Her eyes widen. "Logan, what's in here?"

You shrug as Hange helps you jam your arms through the sleeves. "Knives."

"Knives?" Jean says in surprise. "Why?"

"Why not?"

"Do you even need to sling anymore?" Armin asks, watching as you do up the buttons of your coat. "Aren't you healed?"

"Just about," you agree as Sasha helps you settle your arm back into its cozy resting place, reattaching the sling now that your jacket is on. "It's a great hiding spot for weapons though. And if people still think I'm injured then maybe they won't take me as seriously."

Connie snorts. "Only a dumbass would do that."

You roll your eyes, using your good arm to adjust the positions of your blades in your sling. "Fine. Whatever," you say, stepping up onto a crate so that you can swing yourself up onto your horse. "So where to? Off to question some Marleyans?"

Hange nods. "Yeah. We're going to..." They turn to glance at Sasha. "Why don't you tell her on the ride?"

Ah- time is of the essence. "Let's go, then," you suggest.

Armin leads the group, and the seven of you start to ride out of town. Sasha slows her horse so that it's next to yours. "We're going to go ask questions to some of the Marleyan volunteers," she explains, her eyes lingering for a second too long on your sling before she meets your gaze. "We're going to see Niccolo first. He's a-"

"A chef," you interrupt. "Yeah, I know."

"You know him?"

"Yeah, of course. He came to visit me."

Sasha's jaw slips open. "He- he came to see you?"

"Yeah." The surprise in her eyes fades to fondness as you continue, smiling, "he came to thank me for saving you and offered to cook Levi and I a meal sometime. He was really sweet."

Sasha looks flabbergasted. Her mouth opens, then closes, with no sound coming out.

"Sorry," you say quickly, glancing over to Connie. "Was that supposed to be a secret?"

"Not really," Connie calls back. 

"We told you," Jean scolds, reaching across the gap between horses to smack Sasha lightly across the shoulder. "The man's in love with you. Believe us yet?"