4 - 1 (nsfw)

"This was an awful idea."

"Aw, c'mon, Logan. It's just wedding jitters-"

"Hange," you say dryly, grabbing the ends of your hair as you stare at yourself in a mirror, "this was an awful idea. Why did I think this would be fun? This is ridiculous. Let's call this off."

"Absolutely not."

You grimace, burying your face in your hands.

Wedding prep hadn't exactly been needed by either you or Levi. You mentioned to Hange that you and Levi would get married in private but you'd be open to a small celebration afterwards, and Hange had jumped on the opportunity to organize. The guest list is pathetically tiny (eleven people, including Levi and yourself) but that's exactly as you wanted it. You know that Levi prefers less people, so this was fine by him.

You'd joked about the idea of a big wedding at the capital (you're sure Historia would've offered to host) and Levi had looked at you like you'd smacked him across the face.

Location hadn't been an issue. You'd mentioned to Hange that you wanted to get married at the sandy area by the ocean- apparently known as a beach- and with the expansion of the military to the corners of the island (apparently you live on an island. Who knew?), getting supplies out that far had been no problem. In fact, within the month, Garrison had set up camp by the beach area with a myriad of tents and patrols, keeping an eye out for any incoming Marley boats.

The expansion project was moving swiftly. With no titans left to protect the walls from, the Garrison started creating military bases closer to the water. It made sense, and it also made it easy for Hange to snag a tent to host the party in for the evening. 

It's literally nothing fancy. One tent that Hange's strung up with lights and flowers. A week's worth of rations spent on food. One big table and chairs.

A dress for you. 

The dress was nothing spectacular. You quite literally just took one of the first white dresses you could find at the store Hange dragged you into: soft material, down to your ankles, some sort of lace across your shoulders and spilling down your arms. In terms of how wedding dresses went around here, it was gorgeous; most of what you saw people selling were plain and, frankly, a little boring. 

This feels... nice. It's flattering on you and loose enough so that you can jump into action if you need to. Not that you should have to, but it's become a requirement of your clothing. 

And now you're starting to get nervous.

"I can't do this, Hange," you say, shaking your head at the mirror as Hange fusses with your hair. "Hange, this is- this is too much."

"Listen here, Logan."

"I'm listening!"

"No, listen." Hange drops down in front of your face, standing between you and the mirror. They seize your hands, where your wedding ring is snug over your ring finger. "Do you love him? That angry midget?"

Your lips twitch. "Yes. Obviously."

"And you want to be stuck to him for the rest of your life."

"Yes, of course I do."

"Then what's there to be nervous about?"

You swallow hard, squeezing Hange's hands. You avoid their eyes, hoping they can't see the insecurity that's building there. "...What if he doesn't want to?" you whisper, voice weak. "What if- what if he decides that he doesn't want to, or-"

"Logan," Hange chides, shushing you. "For a smart woman, you're super dumb sometimes."

You snort. "Oh, please."