Kidnapped by a murderer.

Start from the beginning

~

Once the three had entered the mansion and Alastor had locked the door behind them, he had let go of the two kids and Edith was relatively quick to make her way to her big brother's side, wanting his protection once more. In response Sam pulled his sibling close and rubbed her shoulder while she laid her head on his side. With their eyes full of fear, they both stared at Alastor who was taking his bright red blazer off. He's got them in his home... What was he going to do to them now? Before Sam could ask the question they were both thinking, Edith beat him to it.

"S-Sir... w-what are you g-going to do to us? Are you going to h-hurt us?" Edith asked just loud enough for the question to be heard.

Alastor chuckled a bit before answering with the same bright tone he's had during this entire ordeal. "Well, my dear, no. No, I won't hurt you! That is as long as you don't give me reason to. Haha!"

This response calmed the little girl's nerves. Unknowing to her, the man narrowed his eyes at Sam who looked down to avoid the man's terrifying glare. "Now then, Samuel- I believe your name was. If I do say so- you both look like you haven't bathed in weeks. Is this correct?" He asked, still hiding his glare from Edith.

The boy gulped, not really wanting to answer- but he couldn't show his fear to his sister. She was scared enough, the last thing he wanted to do was make her feel worse about the already dire situation he landed them in. "Y-Yes, sir. Four weeks to be exact." Sam said, hanging his head low. Sam did what he could but- he has to admit. He is just a teenager, he's not fit to be a care provider. He couldn't always provide both of them with water or food, even a safe place to sleep. It made him feel bad but- what could he do?

"Hmmm. Well then! First order if business is to see that both of you are properly cleaned and dressed, then we will discuss the current predicament."

Before anything else could be said, Alastor grabbed Sam's collar once more and led them both to the second floor, then third floor before entering a nicely decorated and spaced restroom. Once they were in and the door was locked, Alastor released the boy and turned on the tap to the white porcelain bathtub and pulled two white towels out of a small closet beside the light grey marble sink and put them on the silver towel rack. "Now then, Edith, you shall go first." he said, rolling up his sleeves and grabbed three bottles of soap from a cabinet under the sink.

Samuel watched as Alastor set the colorful bottles of soap down and Edith reach towards her clothing. Feeling quite uncomfortable with this stranger bathing his sibling- immediately stepped forward and stopped his sister from doing anything else. "I-I will wash her."

The man just looked at him for a moment as if debating with himself before nodding his head. "Very well then. Don't forget to wash behind her ears and under her nails. I shall go and get you two some sleepwear." He said before leaving the room, leaving the two to it. It was a risky move but Alastor purposefully brought them to the third floor so that they couldn't just jump out a window or anything like that.

~

"Are you alright?" Sam asked, getting on his knees and rolling up his sleeves while his sister got into the tub and leaned her head back.

"I'm perfect..." She said, completely in her own world, enjoying the otherworldly feeling of warm water soak through her hair and scalp.

On the rare occasion the two were able to have a bath, the water was always very cold and not the cleanest. This was certainly a big change from what they're used to.