Book Six: first day

Start from the beginning

   The other thing I despise about him. How dare he carry my hairstyle with so much pride, taunting me that he can do whatever he wants. And how dare him look so hot in his casual office wear! Who wears jeans and sexy shirts to work, call Rominic Verlice. He could never survive four hours in a suit, he would blow up and throw a tantrum. And since he was the boss, he wore whatever he liked.

   "I hate suits, and because I hate suits, I hate suits. Case close." Would always be his reply.

Stupid man.

   For the day, he was wearing deep blue jeans, a tight V-neck shirt that constrict the muscles of his arms and chest, brought out his sinful abs lines and made me hate him more. His shoes was some kind of trainers, don't know but it as fuck looked good on him. And to top it all, he had his earrings on.

Why does he have to wear earrings? Doesn't he know how much I love it when he... Of course! That's it!

   I rolled my eyes, smacking my tongue to get the taste of bile out. I could feel my stomach bile in my mouth, disgusted by the man I let take my virginity. Okay, he wasn't the one but concluding that he did makes it easier to hate him. Still hate the useless fucker who did.

   "They are here!" Serenity shrieked, jumping with joy in Kara's arms. Kara and Jamie were finally going to leave, we were to drop them at the airport and wait for Rominic's insane sisters to come and attack us. Miss those bitches actually. I knew Rominic was dreading the return of his sisters, they were mean to him for the fun of it.

   "Grandma, put me down," Serene huffed when Kara refused to put her down. Kara whimpered and dropped her. Serenity didn't waste time in running towards the parking car. The two girls jumped out of the car and I watched the children except Zachary and Sera, reunite with themselves.

   "I'll introduce you to all my friends!" Gabby, the youngest chirped. I averted my eyes to continue hating my ex but almost gasped when I caught him looking at me. I felt conscious all of a sudden. I knew I was slender before, but since I gave birth, I grew fats in places and didn't like how men looked at me. Mr. Miller told me that I wasn't fat but actually hot, that I added hotness to the right places.

Do I believe him? No, I don't.

   I frowned and looked at my chest, glaring at my heart to stop beating. He had no fucking right to make me insecure of my body. Yes, I grew fat, but what is he expecting! I fucking pushed five babies out of me. Let's not forget the pain and the expansion and bad nutrient. I blame him, not me. But even with those thoughts, I still felt scared by the way he was looking at me. He was probably comparing me to his precious Peyton.

Again, where's that bitch?

   I made sure to hiss quietly at him when our eyes finally met. He looked away immediately. I followed his gaze to Gabby who was now trying to talk to bored face Zachary. The little girl was enthusiastic and believed that everybody needed a friend. And since Zachary was an obvious loner, she had made it her mission to add colors to his life at the same time find a way to gain her crush's attention. She had a huge crush on Zyaire whose girlfriend was sports and videogames.

   When she shifted closer to him, Zach desperately threw a "help me" look to Sera who rolled her eyes and folded her hands. Zach stepped away with panic and his gaze came to me. "Get her away from me!" Was what he was shouting in his head.

   "Okay, kids, time to go!" I shouted chirpily, clapping my hands to get their attention.

   "Right, I do have work," Mara added, giving me a wide grin. Glad she didn't notice Zachary and Gabby. Zach was the first to run to the car and called shotgun, the safest place from Gabby. A chuckle left my lips when I saw her smirk and cracked her neck, accepting the challenge.