Chapter 7

" I am neither marrying you nor is my dad going to jail for something he clearly didn't do" I said with all seriousness and calmness. A taunting smirk slowly played on his lips and he said " how sure are you about the latter, Kiana"  the way he said it almost made me loose any hopes I had left... it was as if he knew something that I had absolutely no Idea about and it was kinda disturbing in a way.

But I just knew that I had to keep going, I didn't want him to see how this affected me  so I said " how much does he have to pay you?" I questioned, looking at Alvize challengingly " three hundred thousand dollars" he said and my facade slowly crumbled. Three hundred thousand dollars!? That was too much but my big mouth just had to open and speak for itself " Three hundred thousand only" I said " Sweetheart, what are you doing" dad spoke, " dad please relax, I'm gonna fix this alright" I gave him a soft smile " Alright Kiana, I'm giving you three days to give back my money or your dad will live the rest of his live in prison" Alvize said and walked passed me. Everyone in the room went out except dad and I.

I finally gave up my facade and cried, loudly... What have I gotten myself into? I only have three days to gather three hundred thousand dollars! Where am I gonna get that money from? I and dad's salaries  barely paid mom's medical bill, and the house rent, the electricity bill, the water bill, the groceries, the-- " Kiana please don't cry" dad said. I looked at dad for a moment and decided to wipe my tears because crying won't pay all of that.

The next day, I woke up early and went to the diner...I parked André's car and walked in to the diner... André was behind the counter when I got there " Morning princess" he said " morning André" as I got closer to the counter I put the keys on top of it " thank you Andy'" I said with a smile " don't mention it"

" So what happened yesterday?" He asked " it's a long story and I have a job to keep" I told him " well there ain't no customer yet and I am the boss...I don't think I'll mind though" he said...I looked at him and said " well I think you might want to have a seat" then I told him everything that happened yesterday.

*******
"WHAT!" He screeched and I grimaced. " You're telling me that, your dad was accused of fraud and you had to pay three hundred thousand dollars!???" He said " yea Andy" he looked at me in pity " come on! Don't give me that look" I said turning away " look Kia, I would totally help you but the problem is that we are bankrupt and the diner have to be closed at the end of this month until everything is sort out" he said

" Omy God Andy! what did I tell you about hiding such things from me...not that I can help but still!" I said " I'm sorry Kia.. I'm so sorry, I don't even know what to say" he said in guilt, I got up and gave him a tight hug " I needed that " he said " me too " I replied then we both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

The bell chimed indicating of someone's arrival both Andy and I looked up and my breath hitched.. Alvize worked in with a composed posterior and a light smirk etched on his face " Good morning, can I have my usual" he said and I rolled my eyes " and do you expect us to know what your usual is?" I asked sarcastically " ouch!" I glared at André and rubbed where he pinched me " I am so sorry for her behaviour, she's such a grumpy sometimes and I'll get your usual right away!" Andy rushed to make him his 'usuals' but not before glaring at me.

I looked at the man Infront of me and glared at him " what?" he said innocently " you're such a jerk, you know that? And a prick too!" I told him..he chuckled and said " nothing I haven't been called before" he retorted.

Just then Andy came with a cup of coffee, he placed it on the counter for Alvize and said " so Princess, earlier the bankruptcy thingy that I told you about, Mr Alvize here wants to erm...how to put this...yes! He's kinda like buying it so that will make him the co-owner and that will save the diner.."

Hold up! What?!