Chapter 19

Kiana's pov

" Kiana, will you marry me?" Asked Alvize while holding a stunning yet simple ring.

Looking at Alvize unimpressed, I said " do I have a choice?" Feeling annoyed.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not ungrateful or anything. This dude here, literally threatened to send my dad to prison if I don't marry him.

Like what the actual hell?!

Rolling my eyes, I snatched the box and put it on my nightstand and turned to face Alvize.

" don't worry, I'll put it on when necessary and if you will do me a favour and get out, I'd appreciate it" I said looking at him dead in the eyes.

I'm not in the mood for anything foolish because this thing that Alvize Is doing is actually really messed up and unethical.

Alvize stood there staring at me as if I grew two heads " bipolar much" he scoffed and went out followed by a slam of the door.

Well, whatever.
I really don't care what he thinks of me really...or do I?
Well it doesn't matter anyway.
I just want this deal to be done with so that I can move on with my life.

And sometimes I really really wonder why Alvize chose me out of all people not because I think I'm ugly or something, which I'm not but because he could have anyone he wanted...I mean not like anyone anyone but like urghh whatever. I know you get it.

Some girls like rich attractive men mixed with  huge egos and stinking attitudes with a dash of bipolar disorder and Alvize here qualifies for all of that and he dares to call me bipolar!

Smh...

The riging of my phone brought me back to earth.

Looking at the screen, I see Mia's name pop up and all of a sudden my mood changed.

I have missed this girl!

" OMG!!!! Girl it's been a while...I miss you so much that it hurts! Why did you leave me here?! Why didn't you take me along?! Please please come back and take me with you!" I said quite dramatically and me and Mia burst out laughing

" I miss you too, so much drama Queen and don't worry I will come and visit you real soon" she said and I can only imagine the big smile plastered on her face.

I miss this!

"Tell me bestie, what's up with you?" Mia questioned and i proceeded to tell her everything single thing that happened.
We chatted for a long time and I filled her on the happenings of my life and she did the same.

" Alvize sounds like a handful" she said " oh he is more than a handful" I said. " but at least he's attractive, you don't have to deal with looking at an orc every day " Mia said and I rolled my eyes .

" That's not funny, Mia!" I told her
"Sorry sorry " she chuckled.

Hearing voices coming from downstairs I said " Mia I have to go, will talk to you later!"

Opening the door and making sure I made as little noise as possible I tiptoed through the hallway and stood by the staircase to properly eavesdrop.

I know eavesdropping on people conversation is unethical but we're talking about Alvize here so yeah.

And it's not only Alvize because I heard another voice and not just any other voice but a girl's voice and she sounds pissed.

"Alvize, how many times do I have to tell you that this girl is no good. She's nothing but a gold digging witch who will suck of all your wealth and leave you miserable and she's not even beautiful or your class to begin with!"

Lmao!
Who else but the little spoilt bratty witch...what the hell?!

" Bianca, I am tired of this nonsense and disrespect. I won't stand here and let you say anything you want to my soon to be wife. Exercise some respect for her if you don't want trouble between us" Alvize said, surprisingly might I add.

"Alvize, you know my friend Maggie loves you ever since! And she's dying for you to marry her!" Bianca said, looking exasperated. I'm sure she didn't expect her dear " rich brother " to marry someone like " me"

Not that something is wrong with me.
So this is why she loathes me? Because she wants her brother with her friend? Well sike boo.

Walking down the stairs, I made myself noticable by saying  " oh hey sister in law!"

And the death glare I received from Bianca is a sight!

Lmao.