The entrance closed behind her and Asim and I walked back to our seats.

"Stay away from her," I told him directly.

"Bro chill!" He said,giving my shoulder a friendly pat and my eyes lit up.

Asim immediately sensed that I thought of it as a taunt and he suppressed a smile, "Bro, dont worry there's nothing between Sana and me.I like her but only as a friend.You remember when three of us used to sit together in the first week? Something like that. I'm fond of her in the same way I was fond of you.Like a sibling."

He quickly clasped my hand in his and came towards me for a quick bear hug.I hesitated for a moment and then reciprocated.

"All the best brother."

"Right,same."

When we were instructed to cut the power of the house,we stood side by side and pulled down the lever in one go.

The place fell into pitch darkness.

The fairy lights and candles led us to the entrance and it slid open.

A journey was done with. It felt much more different than any other reality show I'd been in.

I felt like a different person as I stepped onstage.Immediately the crowd began to holler.The audience was holding up banners of my pictures, Asim's and Shehnaaz's.

Shehnaz.I looked for her in the crowd and noticed her at the far end.She gave me a hesitant smile.

Confetti was strewn all over the floor.I looked to the panel on the right and waved to my mother with a grin. She wasn't cheering.She looked poised and confident in the salwar I had gifted her last birthday.It was like she was unwaveringly sure of me.

As the host made his announcement of the winner, the crowd fell silent and a moment later my hand was lifted into the air. Amidst the uproar of the crowd, I was handed the trophy.It was surreal. I loved the feeling of competing and winning with a passion.

Every housemate came up onstage after that to wish me congratulations.

I ignored them and dived straight for my mother in the crowd.She laughed loudly as I lifted her easily off the seat with one arm.

"I told you, you will win this..."

"Hmmm," I agreed, folding her into a hug. "I missed you."

"Haa, I saw how you missed me.Who you were searching for in the crowd."

"I--Shehnaaz is like my baby."

"I see, what kind of baby?"

"Maa!" I exclaimed, pulling back.

She chuckled, "Accha theek hai. Where is she abhi?"

"She must be somewhere around here. Keep stalling her ma.I'll handle the media and come back to you both. Where's Neetu?"

"She was here...I'll find her.You go handle the interviews."

I pulled away and finally surrendered to the gang of housemates with an internal sigh. I was never going to see even one face after tonight ao I charmingly accepted their greetings.

The press conference was a drag but I tried to wade my way through it. It took me a good five minutes to convince the media to let me go.

I was tired but the night was still young. I had asked my manager to take care of so much that I had to go and review everything.

I stepped into the caravan,greeting my sisters and my mother.
And surprisingly a laughing Shehbaz. I had also met her parents outside and she wasn't with them either.