She'd honestly planned to tell Talbot that she wasn't dead before the press was informed but she ended up stuck in the pod after Puerto Rico around the same time everything went public. It wasn't really her fault more important things than her resurrection came up.

"It's alright, just take care of yourself. I don't think I can handle another funeral."

"Will do General," Nina grinned, playfully correcting her posture and bringing her hand up in a salute. Talbot smiled at the action before focusing back on May and Coulson as well as the task at hand.

"We managed to track down video of the vehicle Agent 33 used to leave the premises. Guess who was behind the wheel," Coulson shrugged, not having any idea as Talbot continued, "Grant Ward."

Coulson and May shared a look while Nina gritted her teeth. She'd pushed down her feelings regarding Ward's escape, his involvement in Cambodia and his attempt to kill her in order to focus on the things in her immediate attention. But all those feelings of heartbreak and betrayal came flooding back at the mention of his name.

"Agent 33 must have dragged him out of Puerto Rico," May stated, glancing at Nina from the corner of her eye. She had her bottom lip between her teeth and arms crossed around her chest and May knew she was trying really hard not to call the shadows to her side.

"I'm guessing we haven't heard the last of this," Coulson sighed, "your wife, how's she holding up?"

"Rattled, which is to be expected. Damn experience nearly cost me my marriage. I'm gonna be up to my ears in edible arrangements trying to make this thing right," Talbot complained while Coulson looked almost amused by his words, "I lost two men to these psychopaths. Good men."

"My condolences," Coulson said, both men turning to look at Nina for a second before focusing on each other, "it's never easy."

"Just tell me we'll get those sons of bitches, Coulson."

"You have my word, General."

"All right, then. I'll be in touch," Talbot nodded, Nina waved at him and he said his goodbye before the call ended.

"You okay?" May asked, turning to face Nina immediately, "it's a lot to process."

Nina was a little surprised by the direct question on her wellbeing so she merely nodded, muttering out a quiet just tired, before pointing to the cardboard box she had brought with her from the cafe.

"Apple pie," she stated, "a random woman bought it for me. Figured you'd like it, Coulson."

Nina had decided to just mention Dawn's intrusion on her time openly. May always knew when she was lying and this way she could ponder on Dawn's invitation without feeling too bad about keeping the context of their conversation a secret; because that wasn't lying, simply withholding information.

"Oh, I love apple pie," Coulson beamed moving over to the box, in the same manner, a child was drawn to candy, "did you get her number?"

Nina rose her eyebrow at the question before shaking her head, "I didn't . She's too much like... me."

"Is that a bad thing?" he pressed as he opened the box and smiled down at the pastry.

"With my current state, yes," Nina answered with a shrug. She looked to the blank monitor for a second before focusing on May, "I'm guessing you and Coulson are gonna talk a little about Ward. Unless it's when to kill him, I'd rather not be here for that."

"I'll meet you in the training room. Go warm up," May ordered and Nina nodded. She said her farewell to the two agents before turning on her heel and exiting the room, just in time for the faint buzz under her skin to turn painful.