Snape's grudge.

It was Saturday morning. Harry, Ron and Vi went for breakfast. Mail arrived. Vi got a letter.

"I hope it's not bad news." Vi said.

"Just open it." Ron said.

Dear Vi,

Hey.. looks like you've forgotten me. I'm just kidding. I know there must be so many things going on in Hogwarts and all.

The reason I'm writing this letter is that.. Stef isn't feeling too good. He didn't want to tell you. But ya. He isn't feeling good.

Your friend,
James.

"Great. Just great. Now stef isn't feeling too good. Amazing." Vi said.

"Are you ok?" Harry asked. "You never would have reacted like that. What's wrong?"

"Just that your going to Hogsmade." Vi said.

"Fine I'll not go.." Harry said. Vi knew he was lying. She anyways said fine. Soon it was time for them to go to Hogsmade.

Harry packed his Invisibility Cloak in his bag, slipped the Marauder’s Map into his pocket.

Hermione and Vi kept shooting
suspicious looks at him, but he avoided their eye and was careful to let them see him walking back up the marble staircase in the entrance hall as everybody else proceeded to the
front doors.

“Bye!” Harry called to Ron. “See you when you get back!”

Ron grinned and winked.

Harry hurried up to the third floor, slipping the Marauder’s Map out of his pocket as he went.

"Your going. I knew it!" Came Vi's voice from behind.

"Please let me." Harry said.

"So you actually don't care about me huh." Vi said.

Harry quickly pulled out his wand, muttered, “Dissendium!” and shoved his bag into the statue, but before he could climb in himself, Neville came around the corner.

“Harry! I forgot you weren’t going to Hogsmeade either! Hey there Vi!"

“Hi, Neville,” said Harry, moving swiftly away from the statue and pushing the map back into his pocket. “What are you up to?”

“Nothing,” shrugged Neville. “Want a game of Exploding Snap?”

“Er — not now — I was going to go to the library and do that vampire essay for Lupin —”

"Yeah good idea Neville." Vi said. Harry gave her a glare.

“I’ll come with you!” said Neville brightly. “I haven’t done it either!”

“Er — hang on — yeah, I forgot, I finished it last night!”

“Great, you can help me!” said Neville, his round face anxious. “I don’t understand that thing about the garlic at all — do they have to eat it, or —”

He broke off with a small gasp, looking over Harry’s shoulder.

It was Snape. Neville took a quick step behind Harry.

“And what are you three doing here?” said Snape, coming to a halt and looking from one to the other. “An odd place to meet —”

To Harry’s immense disquiet, Snape’s black eyes flicked to the doorways on either side of them, and then to the one-eyed witch.

“We’re not — meeting here,” said Vi. “We just — met here.”

“Indeed?” said Snape. “You have a habit of turning up in unexpected places, Violet, and you are very rarely there for no good reason… I suggest the pair of you return to Gryffindor Tower, where you belong.”