The patronus.

Vi's POV.

It didn't seem very fair that Harry and Ron weren't talking to Hermione. I mean she did the right thing and that's what matters. Anyways I needed to go and read a story or something to get my head out of thinking all stupid things. So I entered the library. As soon as I entered Cedric ran to me.

"Where have you been?" Cedric asked.

"Well before the holidays I was here at Hogwarts and then during holidays I was at home." I said.

"You haven't spoken to me for the past two months" Cedric said.

"I'm sorry Ced... Just a lot of things going on this year." I said.

"So what is up between you and Malfoy." He said.

I sighed and said, "Nothing..."

"Nothing? I thought you two were together." Ced said.

"No.. He's with Pansy." I said.

"Why is that? I saw both of you by the lake yesterday." Ced said.

"I don't even know why we were there." I said. I was kinda lost in my own world.

"Ok... " Cedric said.

"Ced..." I said

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I don't know what to do. It just seems like I lost. I mean so many things. It's just that I like Draco but now it's getting a little towards Fred. I mean I don't know..." I said. I really needed to talk about this to someone but didn't know who. So I just ended up asking Cedric.

"So that's why your so lost. I knew there was something. Listen you need time. That's all. You will slowly know what to do." Cedric said.

I said ok. Then Cedric had to go. So we said bye and he went. I didn't know what to do so I just sat on a small chair that was there. I feel like a lost soul. But anyway I hope our classes are much better.

Third person POV

Wood sought Harry out that night.

"Had a good Christmas?" he said, and then, without waiting for an answer, he sat down, lowered his voice, and said, "I've been, doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one... I mean... we can't afford you to - well -"

Wood broke off, looking awkward.

"I'm working on it," said Harry quickly. "Professor Lupin said he'd train me to ward off the Dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time after Christmas."

"Ah," said Wood, his expression clearing. "Well, in that case - I really didn't want to lose you as Seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?"

"No," said Harry.

"What! You'd better get a move on, you know - you can't ride that Shooting Star against Ravenclaw!"

"He got a Firebolt for Christmas," said Ron.

"A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A - a real Firebolt?"

"Don't get excited, Oliver," said Harry gloomily. "I haven't got it anymore. It was confiscated."

And he explained all about how the Firebolt was now being checked for jinxes.

"Jinxed? How could it be jinxed?"

"Yeah that's exactly what we were thinking." Ron said.

Vi had just come in the common room at that time. And she heard the whole conversation.