Chapter 7: Leave me be

~~Recap~~

"I'm sorry Adrien." She uttered a whisper.
"Wait- what did you call me?" Chat shook his head at the sound of his name being called. She finally let go of the railings, and ran back inside the house.

~~Recap Over~~

Curious and in a state of shock, Chat followed her inside. To his suprise, she wasn't in her room. His cat ears flickered as he heard fast footsteps fading in the background. He opened the trap door revealing a young girl running down the stairs. The cat simply followed as he tried to process her words from earlier.

"Marinette! Wait- i wanna talk to you." But that didn't make her slow down in the slightest. Chat sighed in defeat as he began to pick up pace.

The young girl finally made it through the staircase and was heading for the exit door at the end of the corridor. However, she shrieked as Chat jumped in front of her and took hold of her arms.

"Please, listen to me!" His begging seemed to have no effect on the girl as she continued to struggle to break free of his strong grip. However, the more she struggled, the tighter his grip got.

"Let me go!" Screaming, she began to pull herself away from his grip only to be forcefully pulled towards him for a hug. Her breathe shaky and nervous. Her heart pounding at an inhuman rate as little sobbing sounds escaped her mouth. Adrien, however, was surprisingly calm. Embracing her tightly, he let her head rest on his shoulder. The only sound present at the moment were the shaky little uncontrollable breaths Marinette made.

"It's okay. It's okay." He comforted her.

It's okay...

Somehow, that was nostalgic. She knows she's heard that before. But where? As she tried to calm down, her eyes shut close. Her breathing relaxed a bit at the clam soothing motion of Adrien's hand stroking her midnight blue hair. When all of a sudden, her eyes flew open as she recalled something.

His voice echoed in her head like a broken record. As she stared into the misty windows, she could see their reflection. The dim lighting from outside the bakery assisted in making their reflection visible in this dead silent night. Though she wished it hadn't.

Instead of seeing the obvious reflection of herself being hugged by her crush in his leather black disguise, she saw something... disturbing. The tears of the boy she loved as his back was covered in the pool of his own blood. A knife sticking from his back as he held her closer. Still whispering that everything's alright. But it didn't seem like he was talking to her. More like as if he was telling himself that. Because she didn't seem hurt. She's actually... Calm? No, not calm but happy. Is that a smirk? Wait. That's not her- that's Vexer. Oh, don't tell me... She's the one who stabbed him, isn't she?

So does that mean that this reflection of them is actually a reflection of the future? Is Marinette to blame for everything that's about to come? Is she truly... evil? Is she willing to go as far as killing the people she cares about just because she couldn't fight off a damn butterfly!

Honestly, her life could have been way better if she never became Ladybug in the first place. She'd never have all these responsibilities, she'd never have to live two lives, she'd never have to keep secrets, she could have focused on her studies and her dream of becoming the best fashion designer in the world. But most importantly, she'd never have to hurt those around her. All of this was Ladybug's fault.

Ladybug...

Ladybug is the one to blame. She stole the chance for Marinette to live a normal life. If it wasn't for her, Marinette could have been happy right now. She could have been relieved from the mental and emotional stress she is cursed with. Ladybug stole her life from her. It's only fair that Marinette steals Ladybug's. Justice needs to be served.