Chapter 9

A/N: Hope you enjoy! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Part 9

​Loki was standing at the front of his cell when we got there. His eyes immediately met mine, the worry plain as day in his eyes. They skimmed my form, lingering on the bandage on my thigh, and then on my abdomen. I felt my heart skip a beat as his gaze lingered, he had to know, someone must’ve told him. Loki approached the glass, his attention turning to Thor. "Thor. After all this time and now you come to visit me." He leaned towards the glass, "Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?"

​"Loki, enough. No more illusions." Loki let out a soft sigh and shook his head slightly before disappearing altogether. The illusion faded and revealed a destroyed cell, and Loki sitting against the wall in the midst of it all. His long hair was wild, and his clothes disheveled. I shot him a worried look and his sad eyes met mine slowly. His gaze became too intense and I looked away. He looked broken and I hated to see him that way.

​"Now you see me, brother." Thor and I walked closer to where he was sitting. Loki turned his head towards Thor.

​"Did she suffer?" I shook my head silently from behind Thor and Loki closed his eyes in relief. This went unnoticed by Thor.

​"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead, I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament."

​"Go on."

​"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you. Vengeance, and afterward, this cell."

​Loki chuckled, "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

​"I don't. Mother did. But you should know that when we fought in the past I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me", Thor glanced my way for a moment, "And I will kill you." I felt a crackle of energy run across my fingertips. He wouldn’t dare, this was all talk. If he had seen how he had changed just in our short time in the dungeons, then he would know that Loki was still in there.

​"Hmmm", Loki mused, "When do we start?" Thor released the barrier of the cell and Loki stepped out. As he did, his attire changed and his hair resumed its original appearance. He pulled me to him in an embrace, pressing his forehead against mine. I relished in the feeling of being able to touch him. I looked up into his gaze as his cool fingers cupped each side of my face. He pressed his lips to mine gently, and at that moment I felt whole again. Like I had been missing part of me, but I hadn’t known until just now. Thor cleared his throat loudly and we broke apart, a bush creeping across my cheeks. Loki wasn’t fazed at all, sending Thor a smirk. Soon we were out of the dungeons and walking down the main hall.

​Loki was walking excitedly with a grin on his face, "This is so unlike you, brother. So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?"

​"If you keep speaking, I just might."

​Loki seemed to regain a calm composure, "Fine, as you wish. I'm not even here." As we walked by a pillar he transformed to look like a palace guard. "Is this better?"

​"It's better company at least."

​"Still, we could be less conspicuous." We walked beside another pillar and Loki reverted back to himself, while Thor changed to a female warrior.

​"Mmm, brother, you look ravishing." Thor looked down at himself, rolling his eyes.

​"It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form."

​"Very well. Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions given that you seem to like them so much." We passed another pillar and Thor went back to his original form. Loki changed himself to look like Steve Rogers, Captain America.

​"Oh, this is much better. Ooh. The costume is a bit much. So tight. But the confidence... I can feel the righteousness surging. Hey, do you want to have a rousing discussion about truth. Honor? Patriotism? God bless Amer..."

​He was cut off as Thor slammed his back into a pillar, the illusion fading instantly.

​"What?" Loki asked, annoyed. Thor allowed Loki to look at two guards who were passing by us.

​"You could at least furnish me with a weapon. My dagger, something." Loki grinned as Thor put something into his hands. "At last. A little common sense." He looked down as the object he held clicked into place. Loki lifted his hands and I chuckled. Shackles circled his wrists. Loki glared at Thor.

​Thor smirked, "And I thought you liked tricks." He chuckled, earning him another glare from Loki, and then we set off again down the corridor. We stopped at an exit and waited. Soon Jane and the female warrior that Thor had been changed to look like moments before came down the hall towards us.

​Jane pointed at Loki, "You're..."

​"I'm Loki, you may have heard of me." She reared her arm back as if to slap him, but I caught her wrist before she could do so. The glow in my eyes seemed to spark as I felt a rush of anger go through me, she had no right putting her hands on him. She pulled her hand back, her eyes flicking between Loki and me. Guards entered the other end of the hall and the female warrior turned towards Thor.

​"I'll hold them off. Take her."

​"Thank you." Loki moved to follow Thor and she put her blade to his throat.

​"Betray him, and I'll kill you."

​He chuckled, "It's good to see you, too, Sif." She moved her sword and Loki and I followed after Thor. We made our way to a main hall where large, stone pillars had been knocked down. A black, hulking ship sat amidst the rubble and I had a feeling that it had caused the wreckage. A large man with a beard approached us carrying a large axe. I could only assume this was another of Thor’s allies.

​"I will give you as much time as I can", he stated.

​"Thank you, my friend", Thor shook his hand and walked past him. Loki meant to do the same but was stopped by the man's arm.

​"If you even think about betraying him..."

​"You'll kill me?" Loki asked with false surprise. "Evidently there will be a line." The man let us pass with a grunt and I followed after Loki. We stepped into the dark cockpit of the ship and Thor went to the controls.

​"I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing", Loki said as Thor began randomly pressing buttons.

​"I said 'How hard could it be?'." I heard the sounds of approaching soldiers and soon they were firing at the ship. I summoned up my power, blue energy crackling to life in my hands. I willed it to coat the ship, covering it in a sort of protective barrier. My hair glowed a bright white, lighting up the interior of the ship and my blue eyes glowed brightly as I controlled the energy.

​Loki noticed and he moved towards Thor, "Well, whatever you're doing , brother, I suggest you do it faster."

​"Shut up Loki."

​"You must have missed something."

​"No, I didn't. I'm pressing every button on this thing." Thor began to hurriedly press buttons.

​"No, don't hit it. Just press it gently."

​"I'm pressing it gently", Thor said as he started hitting buttons with more force, "It's not working!" A blue light filled the ship as the controls lit up and the ship powered up, causing Thor to laugh triumphantly. I sent more energy into the ship, giving the engines more power and keeping the barrier intact. The ship rose into the air, circling as it did so. I watched on the screens as several columns were knocked to the ground to accompany the rest of them.

​Loki let out a sigh, "I think you missed a column."

​"Shut up!" The ship flew forward, bursting through the wall, and soon we were twisting and dodging multiple structures. I felt a wave of nausea pass over me and the energy wavered, making the ship noticeably slow a bit. Loki raised a brow, but I shook my head, closing my eyes and pressing a hand to my mouth as the nausea slowly passed over me. Maybe it was the flying, I never really liked flying to begin with.

​"Look, why don't you let me take over? I'm clearly the better pilot", an edge of frustration laced his voice.

​"Is that right? Well, out of the two of us, which one can actually fly?"

​"You're making her sick", Loki hissed, gesturing at me.

​Thor glanced at me momentarily and then looked hard at Loki, "That is not by my doings." Loki narrowed his eyes at Thor, but didn't say anything. Suddenly shots fired at the ship and Thor dipped it down to avoid them. Jane collapsed to the floor and Loki looked at her, mildly shocked.

​"Oh, dear. Is she dead?"

​"Jane", Thor called out.

​"I'm okay", she mumbled softly. Shots hit the ship, jolting us forward slightly, and Thor took us higher into the air. The ship hit a nearby structure and destroyed it as Thor flew us forward.

​"Not a word", he said as Loki looked at him. Ships sounded behind us.

​"Now they're following us", Loki said. Shots from behind us hit the ship and made it jolt. "Now they're firing at us."

​"Yeah, thank you for the commentary, Loki, it's not at all distracting." We flew through a tunnel, hitting a statue at the entrance as we did so.

​"Well done. You just decapitated your grandfather." More shots fired from behind us and more ships joined in the pursuit. I lowered the barrier around the ship, drawing the energy back within me.

​"You know, this is wonderful", Loki stated. "This is a tremendous idea. Let's steal the biggest, most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that. Flying around the city, smashing into everything in sight so that everyone can see us. It's brilliant, Thor! It's truly brilliant!"

​Thor shoved Loki out of the ship, effectively cutting off his rant. I jumped afterwards, landing on my feet on the golden craft below us. Thor, holding Jane, landed shortly after me.

A blonde haired man was piloting the small craft and he laughed at Loki, "I see your time in the dungeons has made you no less graceful, Loki." Thor carried Jane to the front of the ship and set her down gently as I helped Loki to his feet. He kissed my cheek and turned towards Thor.

​"You lied to me", he said slowly. "I'm impressed."

​"I'm glad you're pleased. Now do as you promised. And takes us to your secret pathway." Loki moved to the back of the craft and, placing his hands on the steering mechanism, turned right, going towards the mountain ranges. Shots fired behind us and I turned to see a ship following us. Loki began to steer the ship in a serpentine motion to avoid being hit. We rose into the air and Thor spoke to the blonde haired man.

​"Fandral."

​"Right." He grabbed a rope from the side of the ship, "For Asgard." Then he jumped off of the craft and swung onto the one behind us. I watched as he knocked the three warriors to the floor and he gave us a salute. Thor nodded at him. We turned directly towards a mountain, heading for a tiny crevice.

​"Loki..." Thor said, warning in his voice.

​"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

​"Are you mad?"

​"Possibly", he replies with a small smirk. Thor knelt over Jane and grasped her shoulders. I moved to the back of the ship with Loki and gently placed my hand on the steering device. Blue energy responded immediately and spread from my hand to cover the entire ship. A pulse went though me and a beam shot out in front of the ship, as we entered the small hole in the mountain. A portal appeared in front of us, and the ship went straight through.