Chapter 5

When I came to, my body felt exhausted. I was in a dark room, but it was bigger than any room that I had seen on the helicarrier. I was wearing some sort of silk nightgown, I assume. I slowly sat up in the bed, waiting for my eyes to adjust so that I could see. The only light in the room was coming from the dim glow of my hair and eyes. After a moment, I slipped quietly from the bed, and I suddenly became aware of how cold it was in the room. The gown barely reached to my knees and the straps were thin spaghetti straps, exposing far too much skin for my liking. I could hear city sounds, but they were faint. Silently, I made my way to the door of the room, my bare feet freezing on the cold floor. Just as I reached for the handle, it suddenly turned and the door swung open. Loki through the doorway, closing the door behind him with a click. His eyes raked over my form, taking in the ivory flesh on display.

“You’re awake”, he stated.

“Where am I?”

“According to Barton, it’s called Stark tower, I believe.”

“Why did you bring me here?” He reached out with a hand, brushing his long, cool fingers against my jaw. I ignored the tingling sensation that shot through my body.

“You’re where you are meant to be.” I lifted my head, my eyes meeting his emerald gaze.

“What will it take for you to abandon this mission. It’s pointless, you won’t win.”

Anger flashed though his eyes briefly, and then was replaced with something else, “I can’t stop now.” His gaze shifted downward. I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around his cold body. He stiffened, but as I held on, he relaxed and soon wrapped his arms around me. His bare skin felt cool on my shoulders, sending a shiver down my spine.

“Let me help you”, I whispered, my face still pressed against his chest. He let out a deep breath and I looked up at him. “What will it take for you to get free?”

“Whether or not I succeed, I have to go through with the plan. I must carry it out." He paused, "Do you truly wish to help?” I nodded as I stared up at him.

“Then tomorrow”, he said slowly, his hand running through my hair, “I need you to do whatever it takes to stop me.” He released me, running his hands down my bare arms. If I didn’t already have goosebumps on my skin, his touch would have caused it.

“Are you cold?”

“Not too bad”, I answered. “How do I know that I can trust you?”

He chuckled. “You don’t. I haven’t yet determined if you’re to be trusted as well.”

“This is so fast. I’m just some human, and you’re a god.” He lifted my chin with the tips of his fingers and brought his face closer to mine. I tried to control my breathing as his emerald eyes bored into mine, merely inches away.

“My dear, I believe most humans would be decrepit at your age. You’re much more than that.”

“This still feels so sudden.”

“What does it matter? Does it feel real? Tell me that you didn’t feel something from the moment I met you.” I didn’t say anything, but I didn’t need to because he wasn’t lying. As evil as S.H.I.E.L.D. made him out to be, I couldn’t see him that way. “You’re my equal”, he whispered, staring into my blue eyes intently. He pressed his cool lips against mine, and it felt as if my heart stopped. Loki pulled away from me, but the feel of his lips still lingered on mine.

His eyes seemed to darken, and his lips curled into a devilish smile. “I know you’re a good man”, I blurted. “I know you aren’t the monster that they make you out to be. You don’t have to play the role that they’ve put you in.”