Part 19

Chapter 13

“Do you have anything to eat around this joint?” Blue asked opening and then shutting the fridge like a teenager. I gave him a glare, as I lay sprawled out on the couch, exhausted, even though technically I didn’t need to sleep. Claud’s blood was annoying—making me into this ravenous crazy thing. I wonder if he was always this moody.

“You just ate,” I whined, I couldn’t help it. This entire thing was making me act like I was a two-year-old.

“I know…” He moped into the living room and flopped on a chair, Moon sitting cross-legged on the floor staring at me.

“I don’t like this blood craving stuff; it’s bad for my skin.” Moon looked at her hand with a scowl.

“You look exactly the same as the day you died—it’s a thing. We don’t look more beautiful as the legends say; we stay the same as we always were. Humans just think we’re hot stuff.”

“Tell me, Iva, what is the good side of all of this? Because right now, all I want is a juicy human,” Moon said with a dramatic sigh.

“Good…” I mulled the word over like it was something to eat. “Hmm…I don’t think good and vampire really coexist. I mean I try to be ‘good’, but as for perks. I guess we’re fast, we can entice humans to do what we want, we can heal, oh and make humans forget. The cravings never leave, you just have to learn to sip and go.”

“Sip?” Blue said with a slight turn of his head.

“Yeah, not guzzle. You can sip a human, heal them, make them forget, and let them live. Just most are too lazy to do it that way. They want to fill their craving faster.” My eyed drifted to the ceiling, and I let out another sigh.

“What’s with you? You’re acting weird,” Blue said.

“I’m fine,” I said in a growl and got to my feet with a flip, my wooden floor cracking. I swore under my breath.

The two newborns exchanged a look. Obviously, I wasn’t ‘fine’, but they both were getting on my last nerve.

“You seem a bit tense.” Blue tried to give me a warm smile, but it just furthered to annoy me.

“I said, I’M FINE!” I didn’t mean to scream like an insane person. My entire body was on fire, the itch was back again. What was wrong with me? I remember this feeling—it was how I felt after I just turned. A part of me felt scared even; I didn’t know what was going on inside my own body.

“Come with me, I’ll teach you how to sip.” They looked at me in shock for a moment, but then smiles spread across their faces.

“Sip,” Moon started.

“And go,” Blue finished for her. All three of us burst out of my house, Blue and Moon whooping with delight. I couldn’t help it I started to grin at their enthusiasm.