Part 3

They were nearing the door, when I grabbed the sharpest object next to me and shoved it into my hand. I fought back a scream as pain exploded through my system as they finally made it out the door.

I collapsed onto the floor, tucking my wounded hand against my chest, near tears, if I could produce tears. That was way too close. What was that? I heard them talking as they walked down the street, but the smell remained. That beautiful smell that had nearly drove me mad.

“Someone’s messing with me,” I whispered, shoving myself up against the counter and getting back to my feet. My hand was already healing, the thing I’d used to stab it a useless chunk of metal. I groaned.

“I gotta buy a new—whatever the heck that was.” I looked at it with frustration and ran a hand down my face.

“Talking to yourself again, love?” a low voice spoke.

“Claud,” I growled.

“I thought I’d send you a light snack. What? You don’t like my offer?” His lip pouted, his overly large brown eyes made him look like an owl, his dark brown hair styled.

“You did that?” I spat at him, throwing the crumpled metal object at his head. It wasn’t hard for him to dodge it, his speed and stealth reminding me of a snake.

“Of course. It’s not hard to insert a bit of temptation in the blood stream of any human. I figured you could use a bit of dessert to help yourself unwind. You said no again, Iva, why?” his seductive voice spoke, but it never worked on me. I wasn’t a stupid broad, like most women he picked up.

“You know seduction doesn’t do a thing for me, Claud. You owe me a new…thingie.” I pointed toward the metal object. I really didn’t know what it was. I just grabbed something from the counter; it may have been a spoon for all I know. It had saved me from killing an innocent family though.

“It’s a pity you’re so stubborn, love, I really think we’d make a spectacular pair you and I.” He gripped the edge of his pointed chin, flashing his straight smile at me.

“How many times do I have to tell you, that you are a creep? Let’s just say, I will never, in this lifetime, or thousands of lifetimes be your vampire toy.”

“Alright, but you really should feed a bit here and there. It’s good for stress. You seem a bit tense, love.” He blew me a kiss and walked out the door. I let out a low growl, feeling the aftermath of the itch. It was a giant ball of frustration. I probably needed to vent somehow. I looked around the room, ran over to the door in a blur of speed, and flipped my sign from open to closed. I let out a long breath, trying to calm myself back down. It was time to hunt down some pathetic creature to vent my hormonal constipation