☀︎︎ / "Bored"

Hank was so bored. So utterly bored.

Sanford and Doc had strictly told him not to leave the base, as Hank was injured badly and they would loose their minds if he went on yet another mission alone and got hurt even worse. 2B was in the basement working, big surpriser. Sanford was doing whatever, and then there was Deimos, who was playing video games on the floor in front of Hank.

Hank was curled up in a ball on the couch, playing with his bandages on his thigh for entertainment. He let out an annoyed sigh and Deimos looked away from his game and raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong Hank?" He asked.

"B-bored." Hank muttered angrily. Deimos clapped teasingly because Hank used his voice, He's been trying to practice using it more because Deimos was still learning sign language and Sanford wasn't the best at it. Only Doc could understand him one hundred percent of the time. Hank rolled his eyes at Dei.

"Why don't you go bother Doc. That's my favorite thing to do when I'm bored." Deimos suggested, "He loves you so he won't throw a syringe at you when you enter."

"Y-you know.. from experi..ence?"

"Yep." Dei said in a prideful way, smirking and nodding his head.

Hank was taking this suggestion as a joke but suddenly his clingy side started to show and he really wanted to see 2B right then and there. He stood up and left the living room, heading down the stairwell to the basement. Doc announced earlier that he was organizing his medical supplies and now he was probably working.

Hank slowly creaked open the basement door, peeping his head in. The medic was at his desk in the corner of the room, working on his laptop just as Hank had suspected. His medical room had a bed, like one you'd see in a hospital, in the middle of the room. Cabinets covered most the wall space and a couple of those stools on wheels were randomly rolled around the room.

Doc always rolled around the room on those. He remembered the last time he got his bandages replaced, 2B would sit on one of those stools and just slide around the room grabbing supplies and returning to the bed where Hank sat. It was quite amusing to watch.

2B let out a grumble, "Deimos I swear to god-"

He turned around in his chair, seeing Hank. His face softened from his angry expression. "Oh hello Hank, is everything alright?"

"Yes." He said, fully opening the door and letting himself in.

"Blood leak through the bandages? Did they come off? The meds wear off?"

Hank chuckled hoarsely, "N-no. Every...thing... is al-alright."

2B seemed to calm down with that news, relaxing in his chair. Hank grabbed a stool and brought it over to the desk where Doc was seated and sat down. 2B was a little skeptical of Hank, but kept working. Hank laid his head down against the soft polished wood of the desk and watched the medic's fingers quickly tap against the keys, words filling up the page of his document and a clicking sound filling the silence.

Hank's eyes were drawn to Doc's fast moving fingers but he sometimes gazed up at his face, taking in every soft feature on his tense and concentrated face. Hank mindlessly brought a hand up to 2B's cheek, holding it in his rough hands and brushing his thumb over it. Doc stopped typing and it seemed his whole body just froze. Hank laughed quietly, 2B was always weird with affection and it was pretty funny.

"H-hank.. what are you doing?" He stammered. Hank simply shrugged, a smirk crossing his lips under the mask. He took his hand back, then patting the top of Doc's head.

"Pet." Hank said confidently, continuing to pat and smooth the medics soft grey hair down.

"You are such a dork, you know that?" 2B chuckled. He would never admit how much he loved being pet though. "You l-love me." Hank mumbled back.

"I do." 2B laughed once more. Hank moved his hand back down to the medics cheek, moving his face closer to Doc's. They shared a lovestruck look as they peered into each other's eyes.

"Can I take off your mask Hank?" The medic asked sheepishly. Hank nodded, and 2B did so, slipping the mask off of Hank's ears and setting it on the desk. His hands trailed to his metal jaw, rubbing his thumb along it. Of course, the doctor couldn't help himself, starting to do a check-up on it. Making sure everything was well with the prosthetic. As he was doing so, Hank was playing with his own mask until he "accidentally" made it fall off.

Doc didn't really mind, continuing his check-up. Hank's mouth curved up into a smile, his eyes trailing all over the medics face. He mumbled something incoherent and leaned closer to Doc's face, noticing the rosy hue that dusted his cheeks. Hank's eyes were so.. watchful. They took in everything and could spot even the littlest of details.

Hank kept leaning a bit closer every few seconds, their noses almost touching. Doc let out a sigh, he couldn't stop smiling. Their eyes met once again and Hank couldn't help himself, quickly pressing his metal jaw and top lip against 2B's mouth. Doc laid his hand on Hank's cheek, leaning into the kiss. After a few moments, they pulled back and continued their love filled staring contest.

"You guys are so cute-"

They both flinched and snapped their head towards the door. Sanford was standing there with a large smile on his face. Doc let out an embarrassed groan and turned back to his laptop. "Knock next time!" He grumbled.

"Sorry sorry!" Sanford giggled. Hank snickered, "H-had to ruin... it, huh?"

Sanford leaned against the door, "So what I came down here for... Dei really wants Mac and cheese tonight."

"That's fine. I don't mind." Doc said. He was back to blankly staring at his laptop screen and quickly typing out words. Hank nodded at Sanford, giving his approval.

"Alrighty! Sorry again for walking in on ya-" Sanford teased, rushing out of the room before Doc could yell.

A silence filled the room yet again, 2B was back to work and Hank was just sitting there.

Hank spun around in the stool, still pretty bored. He hated not being able to go on missions. His only motivation nowadays was destroying the assholes of the A.A.H.W, when that's taken away he doesn't know exactly what to do with himself. Hank glanced back over at his lover, 2B was in a zone and probably wouldn't snap out of it for a while.

Maybe it was extremely boring, but he did appreciate being able to spend these quiet hours with 2Bdamned. That was a negative about working his ass off to break into the A.A.H.W faculties and take them down, he was always so busy. He hardly got to see his lover. Him, Sanford, and Deimos would work all day just to come home and go to sleep. 2B came to bed late at night, usually when Hank was already completely knocked out, and he woke up early to get to work.

They didn't see each other often now that he thought about it.

So he may be extremely bored, but Hank was more than glad to spend time sitting beside 2B and watching him work.

Hank loved him a lot. He just wished he could have more moments such as this one.

———
♡︎♡︎♡︎
———

Word count : 1279 words
Date : 10/9/21