chapter 1: the hollow earth

after the events of 1998, all of the Zilla eggs were destroyed, all except for one. the egg a few days after the death of its mother hatched and began its journey. but something was wrong, where were all his siblings and was his mother. the little Zilla began to explore and eventually found a scent, the scent of his siblings. he ran as fast as he could through all the debris only to be disappointed and find the dead bodies of his siblings. but then, he picked up another scent, the scent of his mother. this time he ran even faster and when he finally got there, she was dead too.

as he sniffed and inspected the body to see if she was really dead a voice was heard behind him. four military soldiers surrounded Zilla. he cowered and shook, who are they? what are they? are they dangerous? being so scared he started to burrow downwards as fast as he could. the soldiers shot in the hole unloading every bullet they had. Zilla let out a loud screech and swerved to make sure he was not hit again. of course these are soldiers in a fictional story so hearing the screech was enough for them and they left.

Zilla kept burrowing and burrowing until he started falling. but was then pulled back to the ground by some kind of gravitational force. he looked around to see trees, mountains, other creatures, and instead of a sky an upsidedown valley with trees, mountains, and other creatures. Zilla was now even more scared than before. but when weighing the pros and cons somehow he chose the hollow earth.

4-year time skip

four years had passed and Zilla was about 75% the size of a warbat which at the time he thought were harmless but soon he would learn otherwise

one day Zilla was peacefully drinking water from a stream when a warbat landed right across from him followed by two more. Zilla still thinking they were friendly didn't mind but when they began screeching at him he thought otherwise. without warning all three lunged at Zilla viciously attacking. Zilla was trying to fend them off the one or two swipes weren't enough. energy began coursing through Zilla's veins, his Dorcel plates began glowing green, his eyes, and mouth too, when all of a sudden a powerful green energy beam (atomic breath) shot from his mouth ripping through each of the warbats. when he stopped shooting he looked at the 3 dead warbats and thought well I guess the menu tonight is fresh....... I don't even know what that is but who cares! it was the best meal he had in years. throughout his life he had a sort of routine, wake up, drink, lower the warbat population, and then sleep he did this for 24 more years, Zilla was still young for a titan at this age. Zilla was now 28 years old and life was perfect... until one fateful day.

the year is 2024 and there was a lot of commotion on the surface, not as much as the events of 2019 though. this did not bother Zilla however because whatever's up there is none of his business. the next day Zilla woke up, ate and drank, and was ready for some exploration. then all of a sudden something fell from above. a giant...... monkey? as confused as Zilla was he was not scared, he had fought many warbats at once one monkey was no problem. as the ape explored he was not only being followed by two weird flying things but Zilla as well. killing this thing would give him food for months. he got ready to pounce but a warbat came and attacked the ape, Zilla then thought: well if he wins its double food, and if he loses warbats can just be scared away, as the bat and the ape fought Zilla very quietly waited. the flying air things had killed the bat meaning the ape was alive and ripe for the taking. he got ready to pounce 3, 2, 1, Zilla leaped at the ape slashing his claws, biting, and scratching to weaken his opponent. the ape threw Zilla off his back and got into a fighting position, Zilla landed on all fours in a cannon-type stance. they stared each other down. Zilla began to charge his atomic breath and then...

BLAST!!

a direct hit into the ape's chest. meanwhile, the people in one of the hovercrafts (Jia, Jay, and Dr. Ilene) were shocked is that... jay said, no no no it can't be said, Dr. Ilene. SEND A REPORT TO MONARCH NOW! Dr. Ilene yelled in shock

the battle continued to rage onwards kong landed some hits on Zilla but Zilla was so agile it was hard to hit him. kong pulled a tree out from the ground and tried to shove it in Zilla's mouth but Zilla blasted the tree before he could. the tree burst into a million sharp pieces stabbing kong, but Zilla's tough skin deflected the wood chips. Zilla pounced at kong pinning him to the ground. Zilla charged his breath but then stopped, something was calling him, something mysterious and familiar. kong quickly ran and didn't even continue fighting. Zilla returned home an hour later. when all of a sudden a massive blue light pierced the sky. following after was a loud roar.

SCREEEOOOON!!!! 

Zilla decided to follow the light and where the sound came from.

well, how was it? it was the first chapter I've actually written for a story so if you have any suggestions to improve my stories and writing let me know. and a new chapter will be started very soon