02 | Drop out?

Zacznij od początku

"I have a lecture in an hour! Plus, I have to study, Lora. It's not even one in the afternoon!" I pick myself up, but she still manages to sit me back down on the bed.

"You have a lecture at one-thirty, so you better pick your ass up, get down to that lecture, get back up here, and then we're going to rock the end of this evening till we are out COLD. Okay, baby?" She sends me a wink before going back to rummage through her dresses.

I roll my eyes at her. Can't a woman just chill? I've got too much work on my hands to even care anymore. The decision to drop out only took three years into me getting a degree, but stupid ole' me decided to just fuck up my life and end this shit.

For once, I'm going with what I want to do and go back home.

Three years away from Sutherland, I miss my home. My family. My friends.

Grace has been here so many times, my apartment is literally hers. Lucas and Arlo, my two worlds, I miss them more than I've missed anyone else. It's strange to move so far away from your only family. Moving to a whole different city just to make new friends. I had days where I'd cry... just cry for them. I had days where I was glad to get away from the chaos.

The chaos caused by one person.

People may call me dramatic? People may call me scared?

Nine hours away from home is what I call scared.

I told myself, day after day, "you're chasing your dream!" and "you're making your dream come true!"

Who can blame a girl for chasing her dream, but still feeling like it just wasn't right?

Not her dream, but it was where she was.

I knew I could transfer, but there was absolutely nowhere close to go. The only university close was actually nine hours away from home.

You'd laugh at how pathetic I thought I was when I sat in the apartment looking up reasons to go back home.

I know, I know. It took me three years to make up my mind. I had Arlo on the phone every night telling me it would be okay, but was it? Was it okay?

I shake the sudden thoughts off me as I pick up my bag, also picking up my folder. I take a look over at Flora who's still rummaging through clothes. "I'm leaving Flo, I have twenty minutes to get there; it usually takes twenty-five minutes and I want to get coffee.." I snort a laugh, making my way to the door.

"Kay! Love you! Walk safe!" She shouts, still deep in the closet.

Typical Flora.

Shutting the door after me, I put my keys in the bag before taking myself over to the stairs where Louise popped out. "Afternoon, sunshine!" She smiles before linking her arm with mine.

"Hi, buttercup." I look over at her as we make our way down the flight of stairs. "Last lecture today I've heard?" A little sigh at the end of her words saddens me. As much as I miss home and want to be home, I will miss the friends I've made here.

"Sadly, yes. You have to visit sometime, you and Lo." I lean over and kiss her cheek. "Stop with this sloppy shit, I'm mad at you." She rolls her eyes at me while we walk down the corridor towards our lecture building.