Kaze no Kokoro {(1. The Girl Who Hates Excitement)}

~[(Hidan Love Story)]~

{(1. The Girl Who Hates Excitement)}

I've always wanted a simple life; a humble life. I never wanted to live extravagantly or excitedly. To be in a little town with little people and demure happenings would be my preferred living area, of course. I would walk into town, looking to sell some of the various vegetables grown on my average farm, and all of the villagers would wave and know my name just as I knew all of their names. In my free time, I would stroll along through the forest surrounding the village. Once I was old, life would be the same, but when I walked into town all of the children would look up at me and call me "Baa-Chan."

So, it really sucks that I have my family's 'kekkai genkai.' As fate has it, I'm constantly hunted by ninjas from various nations. Because of my being constantly tracked, I am not able to settle down in a small village (or a very large village for that matter). I'm always running and hiding, afraid of being captured. My clan's bloodline died out years ago and my parents were killed in the last great shinobi war, so it's just me and my kunoichi guard, Mei. She doesn't talk much, but throughout the years, we have become quite close.

At the moment, we were stopped at a Dango shop, eating while we were still in the village. It was a nice place, with children running about and smiling villagers walking the streets. On the outskirts of the town, there were rice and sugar farms, vegetable gardens, and grassy fields. I wouldn't have minded living here, actually.

I sighed at my longing for a normal life. I knew it was impossible but I couldn't help but wish. It was in a human's masochistic nature to always want what they cannot have. The long-know saying seemed to be true to me as well. Mei always noticed my desire for normality when others did not and was always there to try and comfort me.

"Hinamori-Sama..."

I turned to the one calling to me. "Mei, I thought I told you to call me Kagami."

She bowed her head. "Forgive me, Hinamori-Sama."

Ignoring Mei's formality, I continued. "What is it?"

"We must hurry. I feel the chakra signatures of of the men who have been tailing us lately."

I frowned. For a few weeks now, two men have been chasing after us and they seemed to be relatively strong. Mei's sensory ninjutsu allows her to sort of grab a hold of and feel one's chakra signature. When Mei felt their's she was alarmed at how powerful they were. Most who came after me were Chuunin and lower ranking Jounin but these two seemed to be high ranking Jounin or maybe even Special Jounin.

Either way, Mei said it would be in our best interest to put as much distance between us and the men as possible. We've only stopped to eat when absolutely necessary. Mei set up a few traps and even a few Genjutsus. I was worried at first, thinking that innocent people would get caught in the traps but Mei ensured me that only a ninja would be caught in the  traps and the only ninja around for miles were the ones who were following me.

"How close are they?" I asked.

"They are just now nearing the entrance of this village."

"Damn it! They're fast. We need to go now." I counted out the amount owed to the shop owners and placed it on our table.

The two of us rushed out of the shop, ignoring all of the curious glances from the villagers. If we weren't careful, Mei could end up badly injured or even killed and I could be kidnapped. Who knows what would happened to me if I was taken to my captor's village. Even worse would be if I was taken to a lab to have experiments done to me.

Mei touched my shoulder. "Hinamori-Sama, you do not need to worry. I took a vow to protect you with my life. No matter what, I will not allow anything to happen to you."

"M-Mei..." I hadn't noticed that I was shaking. I did my best to stop it. "That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want you to get hurt. Chances are that anyone chasing after me will want me to be alive. Some shinobi won't think twice about killing you if you get in their way."

"Do you doubt my strength?" My Kunoichi frowned slightly.

I shook my head. "No it's just... These two men that you feel... I'm worried about them. There is no doubt in my mind that you are powerful, but I'm useless in combat. It would be two against one."

"Numbers mean nothing, my lady."

Seeing Mei so nonchalant brought tears to my eyes. "How can you be so c-carefree?! You act as if it is no big deal, but it is! If anything were to happen to you then i don't know what I would do!"

"A lady and mistress should not cry for her kunoichi." Mei wiped my face. "She would have undying faith in her servant and trust that she will keep her safe."

"Yes, I know. It's just that you are more important than anything else to me..."

Without another word, Mei began to drag me along towards the outskirts of town. In minutes, the two of us were out of the village and on our way to the next.  After a while, Mei took me onto her back and started jumping through the trees. 

"Hinamori-sama, you should rest. It will be a while until we make it to the next village."

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine."

"M'kay," I barley whispered as I slipped off into the world of dreams.

------------------------------

When I awoke, Mei was sitting-next to me reading a book in the light of the fire across from us. I looked up at the darkened sky and then back down at her. "How long was I out?

Mei looked over at me. "About six hours."

"Did you sleep any?"

She shook her head. "I dare not while I guard you, Hinamori-sama."

"Oh, Mei," I sighed, "you must sleep sometime. Even if you are a shinobi, you are still human and you must take care of your body. You cause me so much worry!"

She smiled at me. "I do not deserve such a kindness from you, Hinamori-sama."

"What are you saying?" I demanded, outraged. "You are my closest friend. Also, stop calling me 'Hinamori-sama'. My name is Kagami and I expect you to use it! Ka-Ga-Mi."

With a nod, she responded, "Of course I know your name, Kagami-sama."

My face lit up. "Yes! You are halfway there! Now to just make you stop referring to me as 'Sama'..."

Mei giggled at my reaction. "I'm glad that you are happy, my lady."

"You know, I'd be happier if you dropped all of the formalities," I mumbled, hopeful.

"Not happening~"

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. "Whatever..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Yay! A short start with lots planned for the future~ This is planned to be a Hidan love story soooo~ come and enjoy the romantic struggles of our favorite cursing, sadomasochistic asswad!! :D Please vote, comment, and become a fan if you like the idea~

That is all.