Lars Barriga (Steven Universe) - "Everyone's gonna know I love..."

Start from the beginning

"WHAT! UNACCEPTABLE. You're both plenty of cool, y/n invited you both personally! That must say something. Plus, if I remember correctly, Lars told me that she called him 'cute' and 'chill' and she would love to hang out with him." Steven says, making a fair point, that was until Sadie spoke up.

"Yeah, but that's Lars... What about me?" Sadie asked, showing her hurt eyes, looking down at the floor.

"She didn't just say me, she included you in the conversation." Lars says, trying to cheer up his friend a little. "She called you 'cool'.. as well as me, and she did say she wanted to hang out with us more.." Lars tells her, feeling his face light up a little at your kind words. Sadie perked up, her eyes widening.

"R-really? She said that? I- I didn't believe you the first time you told me. I mean, we aren't that 'cool' or 'popular'.. we're totally different compared to her, don't you agree, Lars?." Said Sadie, her eyes softening at her own words.

Lars couldn't help but to nod his head slowly, right before shaking it violently. "N-no! I'm tired of feeling 'uncool'. She invited us to her party, and whether we feel like total losers or not, we're going." Lars bursts out in sudden confidence, making Steven grin and Sadie roll her eyes playfully, she didn't actually want to go but- this is her chance to finally be someone other than some girl who works at Big Donut.

"That's the spirit." Steven encouraged, fist pumping the air quickly. Lars smirked slightly, feeling his heart pound again after realising how dumb he probably is right now for believing his own words.

"Well, let's get going. We aren't that far.." Sadie says, beginning to walk forward towards your house. Steven nodded his head, following afterwards, then eventually, Lars.

It barely took them two minutes to arrive, and almost instantly Sour cream and Buck Dewey noticed them.

"Oh ho ho, look who's here." Buck said, raising his glasses up to take a better look at the three who were, well, except for Steven, looking around nervously.

"Oooh, nice. Y/n told us you were all coming." Sour cream said, his blank face turning into a bright one. Lars could feel his insides melt from excitement.

'keep it together Lars! Don't make a fool out for yourself! Don't be a loser...' Lars silently yelled in his head, his eyes closed tightly. He then opened his eyes slowly and walked forward, being the first one to say something. Steven was about to but saw Lars walk forward so he decided to stay quiet, to not ruin this for Lars.

"H-hey g-guys! How's it goin'? Y-you all look.. cool." He tried to smoothly say, but it came out stumbled.

Buck and Sour looked at each other before grinning. "Thanks bro, you look cool as well, heh- what is that? A cake for y/n?." Buck comments, now looking down at the cake in Lars hands.

Lars blushed brightly, making the two boys notice. "Ohhhh, I get it. You like her, don't you?." Sour asked, moving forward to take a better look at the treat. Lars nervously sweated in front of them, finding this whole encounter embarrassing.

"Hey, no need to be so embarrassed. We're just messin' around, you cool. Y/n's inside." Buck says, moving to the side for the three to enter - which they did without anymore delay.

It took them at least five minutes too spot you, your house was packed with people- and Lars thought only your favourite people will be here? Are all these people seriously your favourite? Because if so, then that's a lot of favourite people... he'll have no chance to confess if that's the case.