more than just car insurance

you weren't quite sure how you had gotten into this situation if you were being honest, nor were you sure if you liked where it was going. at some point you must have left the party, agreed to come to his house. how much had you drunk? 

"y/n?" whispered a gentle voice from the other side of the room. you popped your head up, turning to where the voice had come from. by the door, there was an anthropomorphic lizard with worried eyes, and suddenly memories came flooding back to you. 

you'd gone to the party with your best friend, who insisted that it would be fun, that you wouldn't be left alone while she was with her boyfriend like you always were. of course, that had been a lie, and you ended up sitting on the couch in the corner of the room while everyone else was socializing and enjoying their time. you were cross. you really had hoped that it would be different this time.

then you had heard a voice next to you. "are you okay?" he had asked. you looked down to where you'd heard the voice only to see a gecko the size of your hand, if even that big. for a moment you wondered if you were dreaming, but you quickly dismissed the thought. this felt too real to be a dream. truly, there was a gecko speaking to you.

"yeah, I'm fine," you sighed dramatically, making it clear that you were not, in fact, fine.

he paused, as though deciding for a moment whether he should continue questioning, but must have come to the conclusion that there was no way he could help you in this situation. instead, he offered you a tiny lizard hand and said in his british accent, "my name's geico. what's yours?" 

you were momentarily thrown off, but took to shaking his hands with your... two fingers. "y/n," you murmured, a slight blush on your one cheek at the touch.

and so you spent the rest of the night talking to each other, telling stories, and laughing at jokes. that was, until, someone spiked the punch. of course, you hadn't known that. but you were thirsty from talking so long and needed something cold to wake you up, and you had innocently gone to grab a cup of fruit punch.

and now, you were in his house, with no memory of the ride here. he must have driven you after you'd gone delirious. what time was it, anyway?

"y/n," he said again more firmly this time, breaking you from your thoughts. 

"oh, yeah?" 

"how are you doing?" he asked, slowly making his way to where you were sitting on the bed. his feet made noises comparable to a duck's feet on the cold tiles with each step he took. you had to admit, it was kind of cute. eventually, he climbed up to sit next to you and placed his hand on your leg comfortingly.

"I'm okay, I think. my head hurts like hell."

he snorted. "of course it does." he pulled out a cup of water from behind his back and handed it to you, offering a soft smile. you smiled back.

"thank you."

you locked eyes. something moved in you as you picked up your hand and brushed his cheek.

"you're beautiful," you said.

"I'm a gecko," he reminded gently.

"oh."

before you knew it, hours had passed once more, this time filled with many episodes of judge judy, and basically any tv show that had geico ads. you loved watching those ads. in honestly, when you first met him, it hadn't immediately occurred that he was geico from the commercials. it only made you love him more. you looked up to him as a kid. you knew when you got older and bought a car, you would use geico as your insurance company. and of course, you had followed through with that promise. you even had several geico stickers on your bumper, to show how much of a fan you were. and yet, you would never have expected as a little kid that you'd be breaking your parasocial relationship with the frog-like creature, in his house, holding his hand and watching sitcoms with him.

it was everything you could ever have asked for.

but now, it was morning, and the sun was rising. you knew it was almost time for you to go. but... you didn't want to; no, you couldn't. this was where you were meant to be, right? of course it was. you had to tell geico. he was right there, right in front of you, staring you in the eyes. why was it so hard?

"...geico?" you called his name.

"yes, y/n?"

"geico, I want to stay here, with you."

his eyes lit up. "y/n... I feel the same way."

"REALLY???????????!?!?!??!>RTGSRJKSGSRJKDUGIK"

he slowly pushed you downward and walked up to your ear, brushing your hair aside to whisper something to you.

"y'n..."

"yes?" you breathed.

"y/n..." he whispered. "did you know geico can save you 15% or more on car insurance?" he asked sexily. 

you gasped.

you... you did know.