Chapter one

It was no other than the day of Halloween, and to make everything better it was a Thursday. That meant the weekend would be a little different as Friday was fortunately a Holiday. Even so, Halloween day was still a school and work day.

As the day started everyone was a little more excited than they would be for a normal day. The kids, teenagers and even some young adults dressed in costumes going to class with a different style from all the other days. Of course the kids and some teenagers were excited about the threat or tricking, which it would happen at night, while the more adult teen, the young adults were excited to the parties and horror houses that year would have.

Though there was someone a bit less excited about that day. Y/n Y/L/n, a nineteen year old woman, about 5,3 inches, with long brown hair and her eyes a bit of a mix between brown and blue. The young woman did like Halloween, it was in fact one of her favorite holidays, she loved the costume part of it, the candy, the horror houses. Although that year with the stress of being in uni, and all the work she had to do, the holiday was the last thing on her mind. She would use the extra day of weekend to study, but her friends, the few she had, did make her get a costume and go to the Halloween fair the school would have. The woman, not really able to deny the offer against four people pressuring her to do it, ended up saying yes. Maybe that would help her relax and take her mind off things, maybe that was the goal, so she would try. However, let's not go ahead of ourselves, as the story, like any other day, starts from the beginning.

Like always, Y/n woke up around eight, her first lesson would start in an hour and she still needed to drive to the school. The woman did take a few minutes to finally get out of bed, but after, her routine started going quickly. She went to the bathroom where she did her morning hygiene, taking a shower as well. After she went to get breakfast and finally she returned to the bedroom to get dressed and ready. She lived in a small apartment about twenty minutes from the uni she was studying in. Y/n lived alone, despite the apartment having two bedrooms. Even if she did try to get a roommate something always would scare the person off, something she never really understood what it was. At some point she gave up and got a kitten, at least the little animal didn't run away. Before leaving the house, Y/n checked her outfit on the mirror which was in the front hall.

Due to the Halloween day, her black jeans were ripped off, she was wearing a see through top with a provocative bra and her hair was painted with some locks grey and others a dark pink. She looked good, so she smiled at the mirror. The reflection smiled back, as it should. Everything seemed normal, until it didn't. From behind Y/n, a hand reached out as if it was going to touch her shoulder, very clearly in the mirror. The woman screamed a little and immediately turned around. Her heart was beating very fast due to the scare, though no one was there. Grateful, Y/n bent down a little, with her head over her heart trying to calm down.

"I hate when my mind scared me like this." She mumbled and chuckled after. Her gaze glanced at the mirror before she shook her head no.

The mirror was empty, except for the reflection of the room and Y/n. Her eyes changed however, into a very beautiful green.

Y/n frowned a little at the mirror before she shook her head no again closing her eyes. "I need coffee, lots of coffee." She simply walked away and picked her bag and keys.

The door was opened after she had her shoes off and she finally left the house, locking the door. On the exact small mirror, the image of a very very pale appeared. She touched the mirror, her finger tips not able to cross it. A sigh came, inaudible, before she looked towards the window. The sun was up in the sky. The woman looked away, and turned around.

On the other side of the mirror, a replica of the room Y/n lived. The only difference between the two rooms was that the one where the green eyed woman lived was dirty, dusty, dead, lifeless, dark. She walked to the wall, where a calendar was exposed. The woman figure picked a red pen and crossed the day before that one. Halloween had a circle around it with two small hearts, as it was a special day. A smile appeared on her lips and she moved to the bed, laying down. Now, she just had to wait, with her thoughts on Y/n and wondering how her day would go. In fact, the woman eventually got up and left the house, seeing herself in a darker replica of the world. She went to the college Y/n studied. Perhaps she could watch her a little longer.