Chapter 23 - Part 1: Going Back to Earth

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Um... he's in the kitchen." Jim about went in, but she blocked him. "But don't go in."

"Why not?"

She might as well tell him. She whispered, "Silver and your mom are having a special moment. Don't interrupt them."

"Seriously?" He grinned. "It's about time. What's going on? Did you see?"

"She's just worried about you and how you might be in danger. He's just trying to calm her worries... and, well... he said that you're like a son to him, and because of it, he won't let anything happen to you. That caused your mom to burst into tears. I think she was just touched, considering your own father left a long time ago. Silver's holding her against him right now."

Ariel was surprised to see tears gather in Jim's eyes. "He... said that I'm like a son to him?"

He didn't know that? Ariel thought that Silver would have told him that already! She just revealed something that Silver himself needed to reveal to him! Her big mouth... "Um... I'm sorry, I didn't know that he hasn't told you that."

Jim sniffed and wiped his eyes with is uniform sleeve. "Don't be sorry. I'm just happy, that's all."

The doors suddenly opened, and Sarah stood there, her eyes a little red and puffy. "Jim! Ariel!"

"Hey, Mom." She opened her mouth, and before she could reprimand him for standing there while that tender scene took place, Jim said, embracing her, "We'll be alright. Love you, Mom."

She wrapped her arms around her son's back. "I love you, too, Jim. I know you'll be okay, but I'm your mother. It's my job to worry about you."

He held her for a few seconds longer, and then let go. Silver came up to them behind Sarah. "Well, Jimbo, lass. You both ready to get goin'?"

"We sure are," Jim said, and they all went out to the main dining room and stood near the front door. B.E.N. said his goodbyes and good lucks and then headed off to the kitchen to take over the role as cook until Silver came back. Jim, Ariel and Silver left the inn and took a carriage pulled by that same animal Delbert had and they made it to the academy. They soon stood in front of General Flughoust's door, and Jim was hesitant to knock, just like the last time.

"Well, go on, Jimbo," Silver urged. "Or do ya want me to knock?"

"Sorry, I just... it's going to be weird going back to Earth. I mean, I know it was less than a week ago when I was there, but... it'll just be weird. Plus, we never really made an actual plan."

"The plan is to blow that witch up." Silver held up his arm and changed it into a large gun. Ariel stared at it, fascinated.

"Alright, but how are we even going to meet with that witch if she's at the bottom of the ocean?" Jim asked.

They both looked atAriel. "Well..." she started, "I had the idea earlier that you could find my friends Sebastian and Flounder. If you want to find them, they may be in one of the tide pools, like the one I always sat near, Jim, when we were last there. They can understand you if you talk to them, but you won't be able to understand what they're saying since only fellow sea creatures can talk to one another. Gosh, I really hope they're at the surface when you get there."

"There's only one way to find out if they're there or not," Jim said and knocked. A "Come in" came from the other side of the door and the three entered the office. General Flughoust sat there at his desk, and he looked up at the three persons who came into the room. He eyed Ariel.

"I was told that it will just be you and Mr. Silver, Cadet Hawkins," said the rock man in a white uniform with gold tassels on the shoulders and colorful buttons and tags adorning his front.