Chapter 1.3

Chapter 1: (pages 7-8)

 Nightless city pledge conference

________________

Wei Wuxian, "Shijie, I... I'm here"

As Jiang YanLi opened her eyes Jiang Cheng froze. They were empty and cold. With the kind of expression corpses had.

With all her strength she continued, "... A-Xian. Before... Why did you run away so fast... I didn't even get the chance to look at you, or say something to you..."

Jiang Cheng froze and his heart stopped. Why wasn't she talking to him but that Wei-dog instead?!

Jiang YanLin, "I'm... I'm here to tell you..."

Lifting his head to look at Wei Wuxian he growled. Burning with anger because she hadn't spoken to him. Jiang Cheng's heart yearned for her attention but she didn't spare him a glance. Even if her eyes lost all the light within them he still wanted her gaze on him.

She sighed, "A-Xian, you... you should stop first. Don't, don't..."

Wei Wuxian, "Yes, I'll stop."

Jiang Cheng watched as Wei Wuxian brought Chenqing to his lips, sending the corpses away with a few notes. Silently thinking, 'if that's all it took why couldn't you have done that earlier?! Then our Shijie wouldn't be hurt!'

But once again his heart halted its beating as he watched the scene before him. A child holding a sword, Jiang YanLi pushing Wei Wuxian, her throat being pierced by the child's blade. Blood was rushing from her neck as the brother of the boy who shot an arrow at Wei Wuxian screamed, "You Thief! This is for my brother!"

Jiang Cheng held her body, feeling her warmth leave as each drop of blood fell from her wounds. Just before he looked up he heard a loud 'snap' just to see the child's head hanging limply with white eyes... Wei Wuxian had broken the kid's neck and killed him on the spot!

As shouts of rage filled the air Wei Wuxian pulled out something nobody could mistake as something else. The Stygian Tiger Seal!