Chapter 1.0

Chapter 1: (Pages 1-4)

 Nightless city pledge conference

________________

Ever since he was young, Jiang Cheng always was fond of dogs. So much so that he had three puppies of his own; That he had gifted to him ever since he could remember. With an immense amount of admiration, he named them, Princess, Love, and Jasmine. He had his dogs up until he was nine; When Jiang Cheng was forced to get rid of his puppies just for the sake of a commoner's child. Wei Wuxian.

After he was forced to send them away he loathed Wei Wuxian and treated him poorly. That was before their Jiějiě, Jiang Yanli. After being driven into a tree from Jiang Cheng's threats, Yanli went to find him and brought him back. On their way, with Wei Wuxian on Jiang Yanli's back, they found Jiang Cheng in a pit weeping. With her two didi's in her arms and on her back, she carried them back to Jiang Cheng's bed-chamber.

This was just the beginning of the three's relationship as siblings

Jiang Cheng had once been teased about his preference for spouse; From none other than Wei Wuxian claiming his standards were much like the Gusu Lan Sect's thousands of rules. One must-have natural beauty, grace, and obedience, she must be a hard worker as well as thrifty. She also has to come from a respected family, her cultivation level must not be too high. She mustn't have an overly strong personality nor be too talkative. The woman must not be loud and obnoxious and treat Jin Ling nicely. To him, this is the perfect suitor.

And he had found her. Wen Qing.

This woman had captivated Jiang Cheng with her power and expertise. After he had declared he would protect her, he found that he indeed had a romantic attraction to her. The mole above her rosy lips was alluring and captivating. Her cold demeanor and hard-working personality drew him in even further. He loved her.

The four sects that attended the Nightless city pledge conference; the GusuLan Sect, YunmengJiang Sect, lanlingJin Sect, and the QingheNie Sect. All four sects were sent to meet on the behalf of Jin GuangShan's order to spread the ashes of Wen Qing and Wen Ning.

When Jiang Cheng heard that Wei Wuxian freed the remaining Wen clan from imprisonment he was relieved. Even more than relieved, he was grateful; But he would never let anyone know. Especially not Wei Wuxian. He hoped that Wen Qing was okay. Even though he loved her he was unable to save her or any Wen in fact. He was Jiang Cheng, the sect leader of the Yunmeng Jiang clan; He was supposed to hate all the Wens'. But he couldn't.

Even though the Qishan Wen Sect massacred his parents, burned his home, killed the Yunmeng disciples, and everyone he knew; He couldn't stop himself from loving Wen Qing. And he hated himself for that very reason.

So as he stood amongst the crowd of Lan's and Jin's he just couldn't tear his eyes away from her ashes. Wen Qing's ashes - his first, and only love's ashes! But no matter how much he felt for this woman he had to keep his usual arrogant displeased face; Even though he wanted to run with her remains and mourn her death.

He cursed Wei Wuxian for not stopping this, but he couldn't stop himself from hating the person he is most. Jiang Cheng, a coward who can't stand up for what he wants. His fists tighten and his teeth clench together tightly. His face darkened as he poured himself a glass of fine red wine offered by Jin Guangshan.

His eyes never left the square box made of black iron even as Jin GuangShan hoisted the box in the air.

Jin GuangShan, "Here lies the ashes of the Wen Sect's remnants!"

At this Jiang Cheng's eyes had narrowed and his brows furrowed. His blood boiled and rage seized his actions. But all the rage and hate turned to dust as the iron box shattered in the Jins' hands. His narrow eyes slightly opened in shock but just as quickly as the sorrowful emotions appeared, they left.

He was waiting. Waiting for this whole thing to be over. He just wanted to leave for Lotus Pier with his Shijie, but he couldn't.

________

Reminder: Yes, this is a Xicheng story, thank you for asking.

Have a small chat with your Silly Author:

"Remember this part in the novel? Yeah, I do. Anyway, the entirety of Chapter 1 is heavily based on the novel. This means the dialog is spot one and the events are in line perfectly. Chapter 2 will stray away from this, trust me."

-SHIZUNLOVEME

The next chapter will be out on October 20th ----->