[5] The Law's Jealous of these [ILLEGAL] Steals

This amazing piece if fanart was made by @Shypersi! Thank you so much for making it, it's absolutely wonderful!
--------------------------------

It seemed a day had gone by, yet you couldn't be sure. The passage of time in this place seemed almost nonexistent. A perpetual state of night.

The only light you had being the bright neons surrounding every corner. They shown down upon you, illuminating your quick-paced travel.

Spamton, your hand in his, was pulling you through the city. Rambling and giggling about every little glowing piece of the place. You could see it all.

From the towering complex buildings, to the multiple small shops scattered throughout the streets. Darkners alike made their rounds around. You even spotted what appeared to be three robots on a hoverboard, flying around setting off fireworks.

The fireworks reminded you of something. But you couldn't tell what.

Street after street, you continued your run. Spamton suddenly stopped, it took every bit of your power to accidentally trip and fall over him.

Confused by this you followed the puppet's line of sight. You finally understood why he stopped. In front of you stood a monster, his head shaped like a syringe with a police light placed on top. He was chasing around some drunk looking pink amalgam of shapes holding an arrow.

They were stuck in an endless cycle of chasing each other around a small bench circled by traffic cones. It was just sad to watch, how neither of them thought to try an alternate route, or just leaving altogether.

Spamton seemed to tense up at the sight of the two, more focussing on the syringe head than the shape creature. His grip on your hand tightened, his eyes turning static. Plotting a way to get out unscathed.

Getting worried by this, you crouch down to his level and try to talk it out.

"Spamton? Are you okay?"

He violently shook his head and slapped his free hand over your mouth. You squeaked at this, utterly befuddled as to why he was acting like this. Does he have bad blood with this person?

Unfortunately your question was soon answer.

The combination of the slap and your squeak had alerted both Darkners. The syringe's full attention was now on the both of you. The amalgam taking their chance and booking it out of there.

The syringe headed man furrowed his brows in anger upon seeing the tiny man you had tried to comfort. Before you could register it, he was running full speed at the both of you.

In a fit of panic you grabbed Spamton and held him tightly in your arms. Standing and sprinting away in a random direction. The man yelled behind you, his light flashing angrily.

"GET BACK HERE YOU VIRUS!"

As you ran, Spamton managed to wriggle himself into a different position. Him hugging your neck and facing towards the man chasing after you.

"YOU'LL NEVER CATCH THIS [slippery sponge]! SPAMTON G. SPAMTON NEVER WILL [security breach contained]!" He cackled, throwing up the bird towards the office.  His cackling morphed into small giggles as he buried his face into the soft fluff of your coat hood.

You hoped that he'd assume that the heat from your cheeks was from the running.

After a few more minutes of running through streets and cars, you flung yourself into a back alleyway. Feeling exhausted, you slopping make your way over to a dumpster. Haphazardly, you leaned against it and slid down until you were sitting on the ground.