On the contrary, I have the cutest black corset that I got a couple weeks ago and haven't had the chance to wear. I could pair it with a skirt and maybe my docs...

Just as I'm about to try the outfit on, the front door knocks. I frown a little since I'm not actually expecting anyone.

I pull the front door open and my face drops.

"Surprise!" my best friend grins at me on the doorstep.

I scream, throwing myself into her arms as she laughs.

"Bela when did you get back!" I squeal, letting go of her.

"About an hour ago." she closes the front door behind her as she steps in.

Isabela Ortega has been my best friend since we were 7 years old. She went to Spain for the first month of summer to stay with her family, and it's the loneliest I've been since... well when she went last summer.

"What have you been doing without me then, ms girl?" she sighs, flopping down on the sofa.

"I'm actually recently employed." I tilt my chin up.

She spins around, her curls bouncing. "Who would employ you?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I mock gasp and she raises her arms in defence.

"I'm babysitting." I pout.

"And they're letting you look after their kids?" she narrows her eyes so much that they're barely open.

"Yes." I huff. "The Ashfords' are family friends."

Bela stops.

"Ashford?" she repeats.

I nod.

"The Ashfords?"

I nod again.

"As in Parker. Parker Ashford?"

I nod, a smile etching onto my lips as her eyes widen.

"What the hell!" she squeals, standing up and lobbing a pillow at me. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

I laugh, catching it and throwing it back.

"You were enjoying your holiday."

"This would've made it a lot flipping better!" she throws the pillow again and I let it fall to the ground. "Have you guys made out yet?"

"No!" I screw up my face. "He's an ass."

"But he's hot."

"Yeah, and an egotistical jerk." I press my lips together.

"But he's hot." she says, slower this time.

She's right. But no. "Whatever, more importantly, I need your help." I put a hand on my hip.

She gives me a toothy grin. "Outfit?"

"Outfit." I grin back.

I turn on my heels, laughing. I run up the stairs as I hear Bela run up after me. Once we're in my room, I lay the outfit out on the bed.

"Are you kidding me?" her jaw drops as she holds up the corset. "This is gorgeous!"

"Are you sure? Do you think it's too much for a dinner party?" I wince a little.

"No! It's giving Dracula's hot daughter." she nods slowly, pouting.

"Okay, I'm definitely gonna go with something else." I laugh.

"Alright, so how long do we have to get ready?" she claps her hands together.

Oh. I realised I didn't even ask. "I have no clue."

"Okay." she nods affirmatively. "So, according to my history with cocktail parties, it will probably begin at about 6pm, but people that attend cocktail parties arrive fashionably late, so probably around 6:30, so you should be there at around 7pm."

I blink at my friend.

"What? You never watched 'Come dine with me'?"

"The British show?" I narrow my eyes. "Don't they have a set time they have to arri-"

She presses her finger against my lips.

"Hush." she squints her eyes and twists her mouth to the side. "So that leaves us with... two hours."

"What?" I scoff. "Babe I don't know if your maths is off but thats at least ten hours."

"Yeah." she says in a 'duh' tone. "Eight hours of best friend time."

I grin at her. Gosh I missed my friend so much.