5

IT'S FINALLY SATURDAY and in all honesty, I'm a little sad that I wont see Jackson again until next Thursday. Yesterday I took him to a store at the mall and we got some new action figures to add to our ongoing Lego game. I think he likes me now, which is great. And then there's the other reason lingering in the back of my mind. No. Get a grip Elena. I'm not disappointed that I won't see Parker, because Parker is a douche. Yes, I'll admit he's attractive , but he's still a douche.

I ring the doorbell, looking at a car I don't regularly see parked in the drive. A couple moments pass before the door opens. Standing in front of me is a beautiful, brown haired woman. She looks like she's in her late thirties, early forties at a stretch. Milf alert.

The woman smiles brightly as she sees me, and I smile back.

"Mrs Ashford?" I ask for confirmation.

"Ah, Elena! My gosh you've grown up so much! Please, call me Margot." she says, grinning at me. "Come in dear."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs- I mean Margot." I say as I step in the door, taking off my shoes at the usual spot before putting them beside the rack.

"It's lovely to see you too love, I thought I might catch you today since I don't have to go into work early." Margot explains as she walks into the kitchen, her heels clicking on the marble.

"Coffee?" she says over her shoulder.

"Yes please." I put my bag down and follow her.

"Jacky won't stop talking about you. You really worked your magic on him." she chuckles, taking two coffee mugs from the dishwasher.

I place a hand over my heart, pouting. "I'm flattered."

She glances up, then looks back down as she pours coffee into one cup.

"Would you like some coffee, Parky?"

I look at Margot in confusion. Who the hell is Parky?

"I'm good, Mom."

My question is answered as a voice sounds from behind me. I look to my right as Parker pulls out the barstool beside me, sitting down and placing his phone on the counter.

"Kinsley." he announces, a small smirk on his lips.

I look back at him, suddenly lost for words.

"Do you take sugar, Elena?" Mrs Ashford asks me.

"Uh, no."

I'm not sure why I said that, because I do take sugar. Three.

"What do you have planned for today P?" she asks as she hands me my mug.

"Thank you." I say under my breath, flashing her a smile.

"James and Neki are coming over. We'll probably hang out in the back yard." he shrugs.

"That sounds wonderful dear. Don't forget that if you swim, Jacky will want to join." she glances at the silver watch on her wrist. "Oh! I have to leave!"

"I'll try to be back earlier tonight so I can get him ready for bed." she briefly says to me and I nod.

"Bye kids, have fun!" Margot slings her bag over her shoulder, the click of her heels fading until she walks out the front door, the noise of it closing echoes throughout the house.

The silence is suddenly very loud as I realise Parker and I are the only ones left in the room. Together. Alone. I glance at him briefly, he's typing on his phone. His hair is falling over his eyes a little, his brows furrowed with concentration.

"Are you just gonna sit there and stare at me all morning?" he mumbles without looking up.

I huff, my cheeks slightly burning as I draw my eyes away from him. Jerk.

"Are you always so narcissistic?" I say under my breath.

Parker puts his phone down now, raising his eyebrows slightly. I know that face. He's amused.

"Are you always so uptight?" he mocks.

"Are you always such an assho-"

"Elena?"

I stop, turning my attention to the doorway, where Jackson is stood with his paw patrol jammies on.

"Hey, Jack." I say softly, jumping down off the barstool.

He smiles sleepily, rubbing his eye a little. I glance back at Parker who's already looking at me. The corner of his mouth turns up a little, before he turns to his brother.

"Morning little man." he says as he gets up, walking over to him. He picks Jack up, flipping him upside down and holding him by the feet.

Jackson giggles hysterically, covering his eyes with his tiny hands. I smile to myself. Parker looks up at me and I press my lips together, suppressing said smile, which only makes him smile.

"Jack. Neki and James are coming over," he returns his brother to upright. "we're gonna open up the pool."

"Ooo!" Jackson's face lights up, which is the most emotion i've seen him portray since I met him.

"You wanna swim buddy?"

"Yeah!" he does a little excited hop. Okay I guess kids are kinda cute sometimes.

Parker outstretches a hand and he takes it. "Let's go get you ready."

I watch as the two of them walk away toward the staircase, Jackson struggling to keep in step with his big brother. I feel like I was invisible during that whole conversation.

Several minutes later I'm still figuring out my purpose of being here is, when the doorbell rings. I walk over and pull it open, revealing two boys on the doorstep. They look at me, a little stunned as I look back at them.

"Can I help you?" I say after a moment of silence.

"Uh..." the blonde haired one blinks at me, lips slightly parted. He's oddly... adorable.

"I got it Kinsley."

I glance over my shoulder to see Parker making his way down the marble steps, wearing a black shirt and black swim shorts. Jackson is on his back, a red Spiderman wetsuit on with goggles resting on his forehead. He puts him down gently.

"Dude, why is there a hot girl answering your door?" the dark haired boy looks between us. My cheeks heat up, and I let my hair fall over my face to cover them.

"Shut the f-"

Jackson blinks up at his brother.

"Shut up man." Parker corrects himself, huffing.

The boys step in, walking past me. Blondie gives me a small smile, and the other closes the door behind himself, then turns to me with a hand out.

"Kaneki Blaine. Call me Neki." he smirks as I take his hand, shaking it slowly.

"Elena Kinsley." I give him a quick smile.

"So, are you hooking up with Ash?" he sniffs as he walks past me.

"Bro, chill." Blondie groans as he kicks his shoes off, glancing up at me.

"James Null. You were in my english class last year."

"Oh! Yeah. Hey." I knew he looked familiar. I think he sat two rows behind me.

"Hurry up!" Parker calls from somewhere at the back of the house.

James presses lips together before walking into the kitchen and Neki flashes me a smile, following him.

Seems like I just went from babysitting one, to babysitting four.