thirteen

𝗛 𝗔 𝗥 𝗗
chapter thirteen

"Oh my God! I am so glad to see you Nova!" Saskia, Corbyn's mom exclaimed as she took the brunette in a loving hug, swaying them side to side.

It caused Nova to chuckle, "How have you been? I haven't seen you in so long."

"Hello, I am here too!" Corbyn exaggerated a groan, waving his hands in the air to catch his mother's attention. Saskia waved him off and continued to hug Nova, causing the girl to laugh.

Corbyn watched them with a big grin plastered on his face, seeing how his mom greeted her made his heart grow full of love. He hadn't told her the two actually made progress in their way to becoming a couple, just because he wanted to see the look on his mother's face when he did.

Saskia had always rooted for the two of them to be together, just because she could see how her son was around Nova. Respectful, caring but most of all- the way he looked at her and treated her told Saskia more than enough.

"Alright okay," Saskia spoke up, opening up her arms, "Come here little baby," She joked while Nova stepped aside so Corbyn could take his mother in an endearing hug.

"Hi mom," He laughed, placing a kiss onto her cheek and taking her in a hug, rubbing her back, "Nice to know you actually have a favorite person besides me."

Saskia waved him off jokingly before letting the two lovers inside to lead them towards the kitchen area, where they seated themselves at the kitchen island while Saskia insisted to get them some drinks.

"You didn't tell her yet, did you?" Nova whispered as she sat next to Corbyn, feeling how his hand was resting on her thigh. "She seems unaware."

Corbyn shook his head with a chuckle, "No I haven't told her no," He mumbled, smiling at his mom as she placed two glasses of icy water in front of the two adolescents. "Mom, do you remember us talking about the fact that I still haven't found a decent girlfriend?"

Saskia sat down across from the two, eyeing her youngest son before nodding slowly, "I can recall that yes, why? Did someone finally set you up on a date?"

"Oh God," Nova spoke up, faking a gasp, "Did someone finally take you for your nerdy self?"

Corbyn's mouth dropped slightly before he narrowed his eyes at Nova and flipped her off, "Shut the fuck up weirdo, you've been taking me for my nerdy self for years already."

"Excuse me, why have I not been invited to this party?" Ashley spoke up, stepping through the door that led towards the backyard.

"Cause we don't want you here," Corbyn jokingly remarked, sticking up his middle finger to flip off his sister that walked around the kitchen island to greet Nova with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"The only one I want around is Nova, get out bro," Ashley joked, slipping onto the seat right next to her mom, "So how's the 'we're-definitely-not-in-love-with-each-other act' holding up? Or did you finally tell each other?"

Corbyn nearly choked on the water he was currently taking a sip from and Saskia's eyes grew wider once she realized what her youngest child had actually said.

"I think I missed out on something," She laughed, eyebrows raised in question as to what the hell was going on. "Are you two finally a couple?!"

Nova couldn't hold in her laughter at how Corbyn's cheeks were turning a crimson red color, his mother's forward question catching him off guard. He could've expected someone would eventually speak up about Nova and him, and the fact that it was his younger sister Ashley didn't come as a total surprise.

"Oh my fucking God," Ashley groaned, "You didn't tell mom?"

"No need to," Saskia playfully sang, "I saw you two kissing in the car before you got to the house, I figured it out myself."

"I told you she was suspicious already!" Nova laughed, shaking her head before taking a sip of her water, "When she FaceTimed you last week and saw my sweater on your chair when you showed her your new carpet."

"He just brushed it off!" Saskia laughed, mocking Corbyn, "'Oh no it's just Ashley's', meanwhile Ash was with Anna the whole week."

Corbyn shook his head with a big grin on his face, looking up to meet Nova's gaze. She smiled at him, "I'm sorry, I thought you would've told your mom about us the second we kissed at Jonah's place."

"Ugh I've known you two would end up together eventually, Corbyn's been in love with you ever since that biology project." Saskia commented, wiggling her eyebrows at her son.

Corbyn groaned loudly, hiding his face by letting his head rest onto his arms, leaning onto the kitchen island. "Thanks for exposing me mom, real nice."

"I need the details though!" Saskia exclaimed, "Every single one of them! I can't believe you two are actually dating, it's so exciting."

Nova cleared her throat, "Well uhm- we had a party at Jonah's place and- well I just had this argument with my ex-boyfriend before we went. Uhm- I- I blocked him," She chuckled awkwardly, only now noticing how crazy this all was, "And he looked at my location before heading to Jonah's to cause a scene by yelling at me and Corbyn jumped in."

"He got hit so hard he fell backwards," Ashley snickered, causing Corbyn to shake his head with a grin, the guy still unbelievably annoyed with how Noah had treated Nova that night. "And when her asshole of an ex-boyfriend smashed his elbow against Nova's jaw- Corbyn went wilde."

"The fact he punched me while she was around says enough of how much of an asshole he is," Corbyn mumbled, shaking his head in disbelief. "I was just really afraid of how Nova'd see me after the fight."

Saskia nodded as she took a sip of her coffee, placing the cup down onto the kitchen island just after that, "But you went to see her? I mean we wouldn't be sitting here discussing how much of a hero you were if you didn't catch up with her right?"

Corbyn shook her head, "No, actually she came to see me to clean up my wounds. Didn't expect her to, but was really glad she did."

After Corbyn's sweet words, Nova found her cheeks turning a crimson red color. He looked at her and sent her a genuine smile, leaning forward to press a kiss onto her temple.

"What can I say? I guess a mom's gut is always right."