ten

𝗛 𝗔 𝗥 𝗗
chapter ten

"Have you talked to Corbyn at all?"

Her best friend's voice rang in her ears and shook Nova out of her daydreams as she was scanning through the clothing racks at their favorite store. Jessie appeared behind her, holding a few hangers with clothes she wanted to try on.

The brunette girl sent her best friend a smile, nodding her head, "Yeah I have. Just the usual texts and FaceTime calls."

Nova hadn't talked to anyone about her multiple make out sessions with Corbyn, or the fact she stayed the night several times where they shared their thoughts and feelings. She was aware that it wasn't fair to not tell Jessie because she was like a sister to Nova, but there was a strong feeling to figure out the thing she had going on with Corbyn before telling anyone else.

"Oh my God," Jessie breathed as she took a black colored dress from the rack, holding it up for Nova to see, "This would look fucking amazing on you, Nove."

The brunette reached forward to let her fingertips come in contact with the soft and silky material, taking it in her grasp before taking the hanger from Jessie's hold. She slipped it over her head so the dress was able to fall in front of her body, blue eyes searching for a mirror to look into.

Jessie gasped, "Bitch, you have to get this one," She smiled, "It would look so good on some occasions."

Nova turned around from where she was looking in the mirror, narrowing her eyes at her best friend. "Are you up to something Jes?"

The playful hint in her voice made Jessie chuckle, reaching her hand forward so she was able to pinch one of Nova's cheeks. "Just get the dress, I promise it's worth it."

Several hours later, Nova was sitting in front of her body length mirror, a sigh escaping her lips after she finished winging her eyeliner. She didn't know what Jessie was up to, but when Nova got a text saying she needed to be ready by 8, it was clear her best friend had planned something.

It being currently 7.40, the nerves were slowly starting to take over. Nova didn't really like surprises because she couldn't take it if she didn't know what was going to happen. She didn't like it when someone else controlled her feelings and emotions, but that was exactly what was happening at this point.

Her eyes shifted from her fingers to the dress hanging onto her closet, wondering what the 'special occasion' could be. She sighed softly and got up from the floor after checking her appearance, taking the dress in her hands before changing into it, letting the silk drape down her body.

She checked her phone to see if there were any messages she had to answer, but was surprised to see none. Nova furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding why she didn't hear much from Corbyn after the last text she sent around five hours ago.

Not thinking much about it, Nova stuffed her phone into the purse she was bringing, also throwing in some lipgloss and peppermint candy. After strapping up her black heels, she grasped the same colored leather blazer from the chair in the corner of her bedroom, deciding to wait downstairs for whatever was going to happen at 8.

Jessie didn't give her a single clue, not even after Nova had called her seven times and begged her to just give her the smallest hint. Her best friend nearly gave in, but decided not to because that'd ruin the whole surprise. And so, Nova was currently scrolling through her Instagram in the hopes to forget about time in the upcoming five minutes she had to wait until it was 8 o'clock.

Her heart stopped dead in its tracks once she heard the door bell ring, and an instant rush of nerves flew through her system. She placed her phone back into her purse and snatched the keys off the coffee table, quickly making her way to the front door before she backed out of this whole surprise thing.

Her clammy hand reached for the doorknob and she took a deep sigh before opening the door, revealing someone she didn't expect. "Corbs?" She smiled, "What are you doing here?"

He sent her a big smile before opening his arms for her to walk into, giving her a tight hug and a kiss onto her forehead, "Not even a 'great to see you Corbyn, how are you doing?' Jeez, that's rude."

Nova chuckled and lightly pushed his shoulder, rolling her eyes at his playful behavior, "You know I like it when I see you, weirdo," She told him genuinely, "Wait- did you set this up with Jessie?"

Corbyn reached his arm back so he was able to scratch his neck - a habit that had grown on him whenever he was nervous. He sighed softly, "I just wanted to take you out on a proper date, but I knew I'd get too nervous to actually ask you myself so-"

"Aw Corbs," She chuckled, cupping his face into her hands before pressing a small peck onto his lips to assure him she loved the idea. "You're the cutest motherfucker ever."

He laughed at her statement, and it wasn't until then she realized he dressed up rather fancy- a black button up tucked into the same colored jeans and some nice leather boots covering his feet. He wore the silver chain she got him for his birthday, and a few rings were wrapped around his fingers.

"Let me rephrase that: you're the most handsome motherfucker," She wiggled her eyebrows before closing the door behind her and wrapping her hand around his bicep as he led them to his car.

"Did you just really compliment me before I was able to tell you how beautiful you look? Damn, Vie." He joked, opening the door to her side of the vehicle, patiently waiting until she was seated before he closed the door and made his way over to the driver's side.

"So, how did you even approach Jes to help you then?" She asked him as she twirled her pasta carbonara around her fork, trying to not spill the food down on herself.

Corbyn had took her to a small but very nice Italian restaurant only half an hour away from her house, knowing how much she adored pasta and how she'd never stop talking about it.

He shook his head with a chuckle, "She asked me about you when we were hanging out at Daniel's place a few days ago and was asking me why I didn't tell you I liked you yet-"

"And why didn't you?"

Her question caught him off guard, eyes darting up from where he was looking down at his food to meet her curious and playful gaze. Corbyn knew she was asking him these kind of questions because it had been obvious he had feelings for her before they even kissed.

The way he stood up for her during the fight with Noah, the way he'd cuddle her whenever he thought she was asleep. How his lips would come in contact with her forehead whenever he got the chance. It was clear there were some feelings from his side.

"I'm your best friend, Vie. It could've ruined our whole ass friendship and I didn't want that," He spoke up honestly, shrugging his shoulders, "And then you got into a relationship with that douchebag, and I felt as if I finally had a reason to let you go."

Nova was stunned, his honest words made her feel kind of guilty for not seeing he liked her before. The small and meaningful gestures were the ones she liked the most, yet she didn't know with what intentions Corbyn showed them.

"I couldn't though, I felt as if I needed to be there for you for whenever he'd let you down and it turned out I was right. I know I said I'd be your friend, but it was just to hard when he treated you like shit and I knew I could treat you so much better."

"Corbs-" Nova spoke up, reaching over the table to grasp his shaking hand in hers to calm him down slightly, "Please promise to be straight up with me from now on- I love it when you wear your heart on your sleeve. Especially when you tell me things like these."

Corbyn chuckled and nodded his head, "Okay," He sighed contently, "I just wanted you to know that I really truly like you Vie, more than just a friend."

+

SO THAT WAS A LONGER CHAPTER HOORAY
bet you could all see it coming Corbyn was the one coming up with the surprise but it's just cute ugh

ALSO- been thinking about unpublishing my other two Corbyn books bc I didn't really like the plot for them and start a complete fresh one- SO TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS BC I ALREADY HAVE ONE IN MIND BASED OFF A WDW SONG HEHE

ily all so much, stay safe and beautiful <333