two

𝗛 𝗔 𝗥 𝗗
chapter two

After comforting her for several hours and trying to make her laugh through her tears, Corbyn was exhausted. His birthday party had been so much fun, but he felt extremely tired and just wanted to sleep for about sixty days.

At around four in the morning, most people headed on their way out and left the birthday boy with his closest friends, who were sleeping over in the spare rooms and living area.

He had tucked Nova in bed and snuck out of his own room to get some time to himself after she had fallen asleep, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen to get himself a glass of water and sum up the day in a silent and dark house.

He placed his hands onto the kitchen island, the marble beneath his fingers cold against his skin. He sighed deeply and shook his head at what had happened tonight, knowing that he was bound to get himself in a situation like this.

Loving Nova as more than a friend had always been easy. Nova herself was quite flirtatious and touchy-feely and wasn't one to detest hugging or being close to Corbyn. At times, it felt as if she knew he was in love with her and she wanted to have a taste of what it would be like to be with Corbyn. But at other times, she would just be oblivious to his compliments and flirtatious comments.

Their friends had always teased them about their friendship, but only Jessie and Daniel were the ones that knew about Corbyn's exact feelings, even if the other ones had their suspicions. The brunette didn't want to tell everyone how he felt about Nova because he didn't want to look like a complete hopeless man while knowing she would never love him in the same way.

"What the fuck are you doing to me," He whispered to himself before rubbing his eyes, coming to the conclusion that she was always on his mind. He found it hard to act like he didn't think about her sometimes, and at times like these when he was all alone, his thoughts and emotions would be all over the place.

After drinking a glass of ice cold water, he placed the glass down into the sink and rubbed his eyes before heading back upstairs.

It was common for the two best friends to have sleep overs and stay in the same bed to cuddle. It was a habit to them, but Corbyn didn't know how she felt about it now that she was in a relationship. This made him go and grab a spare duvet from the closet and some pillows, so he was able to sleep on the couch.

He silently entered his bedroom, noticing Nova had turned onto her side, facing away from him. He had to keep himself from crawling underneath the covers and hold her like they usually did, just because he liked to be so close to her. Rolling his eyes at himself, he blindly reached for the duvet and took a pillow from his bed, stopping dead in his tracks when her soft voice filled the silent room.

"What are you doing, Corbs?" She asked him silently as she turned around, sitting up straight before rubbing her eyes, "How long did I sleep for?"

He chuckled, "About seventeen minutes," He answered her, causing her to smile to herself. It was obvious she thought she had been sleeping for a couple of hours instead of minutes.

"I'm sorry," She murmured after a couple of moments filled with silence, "It's just- I didn't really know what to do because he obviously couldn't come pick me up and all of our friends were drinking-"

"Vie," Corbyn cut in, "You know it's okay if you want to or have to stay over, I don't mind. It feels like the old times."

"The old times before I got a boyfriend you absolutely despise?" She asked him with a chuckle before turning on the lamp on the bedside table.

Corbyn let out a nervous chuckle at that, "I don't despise him- I just think you deserve better. I mean, the asshole leaves you hanging for his friends and some liquor? That's a douchebag move."

Nova sighed softly while her gaze fell down to her hands, toying with the small silver band on her middle finger, "I know, you don't have to rub it in," She chuckled lightly, "He's just- so different from when I first met him and I just don't know how to feel about it."

Corbyn nodded his head slightly, feeling sorry for pointing out the fact that her boyfriend was a total douchebag. At least she felt the same by confirming she knew he made a dick move on her tonight by letting her down.

"Maybe you have to tell him that?" He suggested, sitting down onto the bed, "Does he know you don't like it when he acts like this?"

Nova shrugged her shoulders, her body engulfed in one of Corbyn's oversized shirts, "I don't know if he does, but he certainly doesn't really care," She rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times, all of the crying from tonight had made them sore and thick.

"He should," Corbyn answered, feeling how a rush of madness had ran through his body once again, "I think he keeps forgetting the relationship isn't all about him."

Nova chuckled, "Look at you being the worked up friend," She smiled, "But yeah, I mean- I know. I'll have to talk to him about it."

Corbyn smiled with a nod and let his hand fall onto hers before he gave it a reassuring squeeze, "Know your worth, Vie. If you don't, he's not going to do it either."

With that, he stood up and took ahold of the pillow and the duvet. It caused Nova to furrow her eyebrows while she crawled back underneath the warm duvet as she spoke up.

"Aren't you up for some cuddles?"

Her words stopped him from moving along, a hint of hope lacing her voice. He turned around with a soft smile, knowing that she needed someone to hold her and make her feel secure and safe.

Corbyn walked towards the bed before he let himself being sucked into the mattress, her body heat keeping the bed warm. "Is your boyfriend okay with this?"

Her head was now resting on his chest and an arm was wrapped around his torso as she lightly shook her head, "I just want to be held by someone who knows exactly what I'm worth."

+

AND THAT IS CORBYN
nova is being a lil dumb by choosing mf noah over corbs, but y'all know everything's gonna be alright.. eventually ;)

ILY HAVE A NICE NIGHT/DAY xx