twelve

𝗛 𝗔 𝗥 𝗗
chapter twelve

"Can you remember the first time we met?"

Corbyn looked up from where his eyes were set to look at the dainty silver chain hanging around her neck when she spoke up, the pair of blue ones now locked with hers.

She was sat on the bathroom sink while Corbyn stood between her legs, a cotton ball drenched with iodine softly grazing the healing wound on his eyebrow. It had been around a week after the fight and the date that lead up afterwards, and the pair had been spending more days and nights together ever since.

Corbyn smiled softly and nodded his head, "We were seventeen, or well- you turned seventeen the day I met you. You wore this little tiara on your head and this sash that said happy birthday to me."

Nova rolled her eyes while chuckling, tossing the cotton ball into the small trash can in the corner of the bathroom. The brunette felt how Corbyn's hands were comfortably resting on her bare thighs as he thought about that particular day.

"Jessie made me," She smiled softly, "She didn't want to do the biology project with me- which was weird because back then, we were already inseparable. I didn't understand until she started talking about the new guy sitting at the front of the class and that maybe I should do the project with him."

"She's a little matchmaker, isn't she?" Corbyn laughed, lightly squeezing the soft skin underneath his touch, "Look at where she brought us now."

Nova felt herself smiling at his words, letting her hands wander upwards to place them on Corbyn's bare shoulders. "I mean- you've been in love with me ever since-"

"That's not true!" He stated too quickly, causing Nova to laugh out loud at his defensive answer. Corbyn playfully rolled his eyes before trailing his hands upwards to curve around her waist and pull her closer from where she was still sitting on the sink. "Okay, so a little then- I mean how could I not after you got us a fucking A on the biology project?"

His playful comment caused both of them to grin, a soft smack on the head was followed before she carefully lowered herself onto the tiled floor with Corbyn's help.

The both of them were getting ready for bed after a day of spending some time with friends and hanging out at Daniel and Amelia's place. The couple went back to Corbyn's place about two hours ago and were drained after a day filled with laughter and hanging around the pool.

Corbyn loved how comfortable Nova had always been whenever she was around him, and the fact that it hadn't changed after they both caught feelings for each other just made things even better.

The fact that she was currently throwing her own top onto the chair in the corner of the room to swap it for Corbyn's without asking him if she could. She'd always pick the shirts he had just worn because those were the ones that smelled most like him. He thought it was adorable to see her walking around in the various shirts with different prints and colors, and found himself placing the shirts on the pile of clothes she'd usually pick one from to see Nova parade around the house whenever they would have a chill day at home or go to sleep.

"Excuse me Mr. Besson, but my eyes are up here," She joked, eyebrows raised and a permanent grin on her lips, "I should charge you dollars for staring so much."

"Baby," He started, wrapping an arm around her shoulders from where he was standing behind her. He pulled her back against his torso and felt her smaller hands curl around his arm, "You'd be filthy rich."

Nova chuckled and let one of her hands wrap around Corbyn's, tangling their fingers together before she pulled him over to get comfortable in bed. Once the brunette was underneath the covers, she let out a big and content sigh and snuggled herself into Corbyn's warm body.

"Why the fuck are you always so cold," He joked, wrapping his arms around the smaller girl before running his warm hands up and down her bare back and pulling her closer, "My lil ice queen."

"I'm always so fucking cold because you never let me warm my feet up against you, asshole," She challenged, feeling how Corbyn's fingertips stopped tracing circles on her back. She knew he was thinking of a sarcastic comeback, but was totally starstruck when he dug his fingertips into her hips in a rapid manner.

It caused her to squeal at how he had decided to declare a tickle war, her body shooting up ad he continued to laugh. Corbyn sat up straight fairly quickly, throwing a leg over her body so he was able to sit on her stomach to keep her in place.

"No! No no no! No- Corbyn fu- CORBYN!" She yelled, trying to contain herself from squealing, laughing and crying but failing miserably as Corbyn kept on digging his fingers into her sides.

"Say you're sorry!" He laughed, swatting her hands away before wrapping his own around her wrists and place them above her head, "Vie, don't make me tickle you again."

Nova took a deep breath before rolling her eyes, "Okay okay, fine," She whined, "I'm sorry for calling you an ass. Can I warm my feet now though?"

Corbyn kept a straight face while looking down at the brunette underneath him, "Hmm- you might. Gotta give me a kiss first though."

Nova wiggled her hands out of his grip before cupping Corbyn's cheeks and bringing him down to lay right next to her. The kiss lasted a few seconds and the romantic gesture made them both smile, Nova's thumb lightly brushing against the stubble he had going on.

"What about now?" She mumbled, lips brushing his in the hopes the guy would finally give into her question, "Please Corby Worby?"

"Now that you called me that, I believe you can fuck off with your cold ass feet."

+

IM BAAAACK HELLO BITCHES