5 :: The One With The Movie

Sam would have gone outside. It was quite bright outside considering the cloudy and breezy weather. The wind securely moved around between the houses of the village, and grabbed onto Sam's hair. He mumbled something inaudible to himself as he walked along the wide stone sidewalk of the village. He was forced to keep moving his blonde, fluffy hair out of his face as it kept bothering him. He walked for a bit longer before regretting not bringing a coat, yet he didn't turn around.

"Hey, where's Sam?" Aaliyah asked as Charles entered the living room.
"Err... He went on a walk." Charles replied, causing Marla to lean over behind Aaliyah on the couch to see him.
"Alone? At this time? That's unlike him." Marla said and frowned.
"Mhm." Charles mumbled.
"Aaaand what's up with you?" Aaliyah asked and looked Charles in the eyes.
"Eh, Sam got upset because I wouldn't tell him what was up at the table earlier. He'll get over it." Charles replied and shrugged.
"What?? Charles, there's going to be a storm anytime soon. Didn't you watch the news?" Marla exclaimed in a stressed out tone.
"Calm down. Sam isn't stupid. He'll return soon enough." Charles said calmly, holding up his hands to his own shoulder height.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes, and Marla crossed her arms, leaning back in the couch. Charles couldn't comprehend why the girls were so upset. He knew Sam, and of course the boy would come back in time. He couldn't be too far away... Or could he?

Sam would be walking along the path in the forest. He was lost in his own thoughts as he wandered in between the birch trees, letting the leaves crunch under his feet. He eventually returned to reality as he felt a drop on his nose. He looked up to feel even more drops hit his skin, and realized that it was beginning to rain. Stressed, he began power walking back towards the city as it was really cold and he didn't want to get sick.

"He still isn't back..." Marla said, and Charles and Aaliyah looked out the window.
"It's raining." Aaliyah said shortly and looked at Charles.
"Fine. I'll go get him. Jesus you two are intense." He mumbled the second sentence under his breath as he left.

He grabbed his coat without looking and just headed outside. He didn't mind his hair getting wet. He stood outside for a short while, deciding which way he should go. He eventually decided to walk through the city randomly. He eventually began running as the rain poured down from the dark clouds in the sky.

Sam would walk slowly, hugging himself as all he was wearing was a sweater and a pair of jeans. His blonde hair was just as soaked as his clothes, and he shivered as he walked. He had just reached the village, and he wasn't sure how long the distance was to the house.

"Sam!!!" Charles shouted in hope of an answer. "Sam!???" He shouted a little louder.

He eventually stopped as he found the boy. He saw even on a distance that he was all soaked, and not even wearing a coat. Even if that fact made him upset, he couldn't help but form a smile on his lips as he had found him.

"Sam!" He exclaimed in a relieved tone as he hurried up to the boy. He was quick to give him his coat.
"What the hell are you doing out here?" Sam asked as his friend put his coat around him.
"What does it look like? I'm saving an idiot." He said and smiled.
"Sure, I'm the idiot, not you for willingly walking out in this weather." Sam replied, smiling back at him.
"Meh. You were out here first." Charles said as he put an arm around Sam to warm him up a little more.
"... Sorry I got upset earlier." Sam sid after a moment of silence.
"Don't worry about it. I knew you'd get over it eventually." Charles said calmly.

Once they came home, Charles hung up his coat on one of the hangers, putting an arm around Sam again. Just as they were heading upstairs, Marla and Aaliyah came over to them.

"Sam! Oh my god!" Marla exclaimed and grabbed Sam's shoulders, pulling him out of Charles firm, yet gentle grip.
"Are you okay!?" Aaliyah asked. "Go get a towel, Charles! Don't be so calm!" She added.
"I'm fine, girls. No need to overreact." Sam, letting out a shaky laughter.
"Here. Let's go upstairs and get you changed into something comfortable before drying your hair." Charles said and once again, he put an arm around his best friend. They walked upstairs, and the girls looked after them in concern.

"Poor Sam." Marla said and pouted as they headed back intro the living room.
"I know." Aaliyah said as they took a seat on the couch. "Whats taking Seth and Willow so long at the store? It's not that far away." She added.
"Hmh. Who cares." Marla mumbled and crossed her arms tightly over her chest as she leaned back in the black, soft couch.
"Ooh, somebody's jealous" Aaliyah teased her best friend, smiling at her.

Marla rolled her eyes and blushed slightly. Just then, they heard the door open and shut.

"We're back!" Willow shouted, and the girls came into the hallway.
"Hey, you guys!" Aaliyah said happily.
"Hiii!" Marla said and immediately threw her arms around Seth, causing him to take a few steps back to keep balance.
"Ah, hey Mar!" The boy said, with a slightly pink color forming on his cheeks.

The four of them got the groceries into the kitchen and began unpacking everything. Seth and Aaliyah picked up the things and placed them on the counter, and Willow and Marla placed them in the correct spaces.

"Hey, where are the lovebirds?" Willow asked and looked at her female friends, so did Seth.
"Ah, Sam went out and got all soaked. Charles is helping him." Aaliyah said.
"That's sweet." Seth said and smiled. Silence then fell over the four of them as they had finished unpacking.

"Hey, I found Titanic at the movie section at the store. Wanna go watch it?" Seth said in what sounded sort of like a whisper, putting an arm around Marla's shoulders and showing her the case.
"Of course!" Marla exclaimed happily and hugged him.
"Hey, girls. We're going upstairs." Seth said, still with an arm over Marla's shoulders.
"Okie! See you!" Willow said and the two of them left.

Seth turned the TV on and inserted the disc into the DVD player. They waited for a whole before turning the movie on. Marla kept a firm grip of Seth's hand all of the time as if he would vanish if she wasn't close to him. She commented on quite a lot of things. Sometimes serious things, and sometimes she laughed. That's what Seth loved about her. How expressive she was.

"Oh, no! Look at the bow! It's all covered in water" Marla said and pointed, leaning closer to Seth.
"Yeah, I know. Calm down, Mar" He said with a smile on his face as he kissed the side of her head.
"I haven't seen this before. I don't like it. They're going to die aren't they?" Marla said nervously.
"Just calm down. Remember that it's just a movie." Seth said.
"Sure I know this didn't actually happen. Obviously." Marla said and rolled her eyes.

Seth was about to share the fact with her but decided not to. He instead chuckled and pushed his cheek against her head, resting against it. He was holding her close as she was stressed out, which only made him happy. Not the fact that she was worried of course, but the fact that he got to hold her close to himself.