Chapter 66

point of view Hermione

I let my legs hang over the edge of the bed and turned to the still sleeping Bellatrix. I gently let my fingers run over my neck, on which there were several red spots and bites.

I forgot a lot of things last night...

it wasn't until I tried to fall asleep next to Bellatrix that it all came back and I could have slapped myself multiple times. A faint grumbling sounded behind me. I hesitantly put my hand on her head and began to gently stroking her. I had to stifle a laugh when she let out a low purr.

A Bella that purrs. I never thought to see and hear that. She opened her eyes and I pulled my hand back, startled. She blinked at me sleepily. "Why are you stopping?" she growled softly. She grabbed my hand and placed it on her head, after which I continued to fondle her gently. Even if she didn't purr anymore, she was really cute the way she was. "Honey? You got there something," she grinned, reaching up her hand just to stroke my neck.

She then ran it up to my chin, pulling me towards her and lightly brushing her lips against mine. When she pulled away, I was the one grinning. "You have bad breath." She shook her head. "Yours is worse-" I shrugged and turned away from her again as she wrapped her arms around my waist from behind. "How about a little trip to our library?" My eyes widened and I turned back to her. "Really?" A smile curled her lips. She nodded and let go of me. The bed creaked a little as Bella pushed herself over the edge. She grabbed a stack of clothes and placed them next to me.

"Change your clothes." She ordered me in a calm voice, while she herself let the night dress slide off her shoulders. I still turned my head away a little, although I had probably seen her like this often enough by now. I listened to a soft laugh and next felt her hand on my chin, which tenderly turned it towards her. Her eyes looked at me with amusement.

"Honey, you're shy after all that time?" she asked, and you could almost hear that she had only just woken up. I stuck my tongue out like a little child at her. She leaned forward and bit down on her, but not hard enough to hurt. I looked at her startled. She walked away from me and let me go.

I also stripped off my sleepwear when Bella suddenly braced herself so that I was between her arms. She blocked the way to the other clothes. "B-bella, would you be so kind and-" she put her lips on mine, silencing me. Our lips played together for a while before they broke apart. Then she turned around and got dressed, I did the same to her. When we were both done, she ushered me into the bathroom and grabbed a toothbrush. "You need that urgently" she put toothpaste on it and held it under the water, before I could defend myself she had put the toothbrush in my mouth. I mumbled. But she only laughed. "Come on be a good girl and open your mouth properly."

I opened my mouth a bit reluctantly after I tried to take her toothbrush several times, but she only slapped my hand reprovingly. She grinned and continued. The door opened and Lucius stood in the doorway. "Oh hello Bella. If I bother you I'll be-" the woman in front of me just waved him off and continued brushing. When she was done I spat out the toothpaste and luckily got to rinse my mouth myself.

Lucius had started brushing his teeth too. Bella grabbed my chin and put pressure on my mouth muscles or jaw. I opened my mouth again. She leaned forward and sniffed my breath. "Better." She commented and kissed me on the mouth. Mr. Malfoy gave me a sidelong glance but said nothing.

Bellatrix pulled away from me and began brushing her own teeth. I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. When she was done, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me toward the kitchen. "Good morning Bella." Zissa stood at the stove and began to prepare the food. "Mrs Malfoy, can I help you?" I asked before I could persuade myself to do anything else. She asked me to set the table.

I followed her instructions and after a while the food was already on the plates, behind which everyone was already seated. Bellatrix pulled me onto her lap and began to eat. In between she put the full fork or the roll in my mouth. The meal ended after more than half an hour. Bellatrix had warned me several times to sit still until she couldn't take it anymore and grabbed my neck in annoyance. I immediately sat still and she let go of me.

As Bella got up from the breakfast table, she grabbed my wrist again. "I guess I praised you too much earlier?" she asked, taking a step toward me. I stumbled backwards and she pinned me against a pillar. "I'm sorry..." I whispered, bowing my head . "They'll think I'm being too gentle with you..." she whispered and rubbed my neck down to my collarbone. "And maybe I should start treating you more severely again." She said and rammed the fingernails of her other hand into my wrist. "B-Bella please... please don't..." I whispered, whimpering softly.

She narrowed her eyes, suddenly softening and she shook her head. With a sigh, she pushed herself off the pillar. "Sorry little one..." she whispered and pulled me into a hug. When she pulled away she pulled me behind her until we were in front of the library.

She pushed the doors open with a flourish. " swings both ways-" but before Bella could hear the words, the door slammed back and slammed into Bella in front of me. I bit my lip to keep from laughing at the now cursing Death Eater.

Behind me, Zissa and Luc laughed. I slapped my hand over my mouth to silence my giggles and Bella whipped around in irritation. I took a step back, startled. Her eyes softened a bit and she pulled me into the library behind her. She closed the door behind us and pulled me into a gentle hug.

My eyes swept over the fully stocked shelves. Bella seemed to catch my gaze as she explained that she and her sister had done the rest with magic, within ten minutes. She released me and allowed me to browse the shelves and read while she settled on the windowsill. I swept through the rows until I pulled out an interesting book and memorized its place in the shelf. As I opened the book and started reading,

I walked back to Bella and sat down on the windowsill next to her. She was a little surprised by this, but tried to cover it up by confidently putting her arm around me and pulling me closer to her. She looked into the book and grinned. "Are you interested in the book? I didn't think so." I nodded, concentrating on the text. After a while, I felt Lestrange's boredom as she began to ruffle my hair. Trying not to look annoyed, I looked at her.

A smile played on her lips. Her hand drove down until it was on my hip/bum, I wanted to slide away a bit but she immediately pulled me back in. So I let it go and just let it happen instead.