My vision started clouding as I felt immense pain surging through me. Even though jasper wood won't kill me, it indeed has the same effect it has on any vampires.

I tried hard to plunge it out of my body but I couldn't. Jasper wood cannot be taken out by a vampire who's been wounded with it. My legs started going numb with my vision going hazy every passing second. It was like I am in some drug that stops all my powers.

That cannot happen when I am plugged with jasper wood. I have been wounded with jasper wood a lot by Charlotte and there hasn't been a single time this happened. This is not just some jasper wood; they've added something else to it.

What the hell is happening?

Are those people working for the king?

If not, who are they and what do they want from me?

Do they know about my real identity?

Darkness, that was all I saw before I let it suck myself into that void.

♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪

My whole body is burning like I'm in some fire, with a groan I woke up to the sight of a strange room. That's when everything came back to me, how I was stabbed with jasper wood. Are those people trying to kill me?

My flight or fight reaction took place, I sat up wanting to escape from this unknown place but instead I winced at the pain surged through my stomach. I felt so weak that I don't think I'll be able to take a step without falling.

When I looked around, I was in some room but what's worse is my face wasn't covered and I was in some hospital robe. There was an IV fluid injected to my hand and a device was calculating my heartbeat. My scar, Luke's heartbeat tattoo, everything was visible to the bare eyes.

Where am I and did this person saved me or is keeping me here as a captive?

Looking around my neck I realized that I still have the dream catcher around and our promise ring is intact in my finger too.

Thank God.

"You are awake," a person came inside with a warm bowl of soup.

When I smelled him, I couldn't sense anything? It was like I lost all my powers.

Who is this guy? Why can't I smell anything? Is he a vampire or a human?

"Calm down, the drug they injected you, it'll take some time to leave your system. Till that you'll not have your powers."

What? How did he know and what drug is he talking about? I was stabbed with jasper wood, not some drug.

"Who are you?"

He gave a small smile and moved the table next to my bed, keeping the warm soup in front of me. On time my stomach growled. God, why am I so hungry?

I wanted to drink the delicious soup in front of me but I cannot take risks. Who knows, he might have even added something in it. Not like it's going to kill me, still.

"Who are you," I asked again glaring him.

"I am a vampire, if that gives you any relief."

Is he serious?

How is that a relief to me? In fact, it's the opposite.

"Who changed my dress?"

"The doctor, don't worry I mean no harm. Now drink, you need food to keep you alive."

I let out a chuckle and hissed at the pain it created on my stomach.

"Yes, you can die, they found the solution, you can die in the hands of those people who stabbed you."