Chapter 6 - Just Out For Patrol

Začít od začátku

But before it had even a fraction of a moment to try and drop him into its mouth, a white streak struck it's legs out from under it's form, causing it to fall over.

The young boy didn't go with the monster as it seemed to fall into a lake of black ink, sinking all the way to the bottom never to be seen again; he was saved from that same fate by a gentle hand holding onto him.

A blurry figure held him in their arms, a white- something that was big and soft was draped over him like a blanket, bringing nothing but a comforting feeling of safety from everything.

Safety from the memories, both good and bad.

Safety from the monster that haunted his sleep.

He felt just-

Safe. . .

•~~•

Tommy woke up with a bit of a gasp, looking around his room for a moment in confusion, sighing once he finally registered that he was home. In his bed. That he was.... Safe..

He sat in thought for a moment..

Safe...?

Yeah he felt safe inside own home, with all both his soulmates and his best friend (that might as well be his sister at this point, he'd just never say it out loud). But.. there was something about the white figure in his dreams. A familiarity to them that just-.. made him feel safer than he's ever been.... If only he could remember their face...

Beep beep beep beep!

He looked at the alarm on his bedside table, a slight distaste on his face as he reached over to turn it off.

On most nights he takes naps before going out on patrol, so he has a special alarm that he turns on so he will remember to wake up. Sometimes he wished he didn't attempt to nap before going out, it would always make him grumpy, but he couldn't help it whenever he felt as if he would lose consciousness within seconds.

He laid in bed for a while, taking a minute to truly wake up before getting up and getting on his costume. It was always quite difficult to keep his wings pinned to his back while trying to put on the suit, one of the reasons he had to get some sort of chest binder to keep them down. Although it helped a lot, it made it hot inside the suit, it also helped to hide his wings so he wasn't complaining too much.

Once he was done getting ready, he stepped out of his room and walked to the living room, only to find that Alexa was already suited up and ready to go out.

"How long you been waitin'?"

She looked up at him from her spot on the couch, smiling a little. "Not too long, I was gonna try taking a nap too, but I was too excited from today to fall asleep." She chuckled as Tommy rolled his eyes dramatically, like he does.

"Yeah yeah, let's just go."

"You can't tell me you weren't still excited to be working with Heroes for a whole week already, I know you can't!" She teased. And she was right. It had been a whole week since they had started working for the Agency, and he would still get excited over getting up and going into work. Although you'd never hear him admit that out loud.

"Yeah whatever.. let's go already." He said with a roll of his eyes, smiling slightly as Alexa got up. They both checked their coms and made sure all their gear was strapped on good. Alexa making a reminder that she needs to order more invisibility potion from Chronos, a potion maker in the black market who she became friends with.

Climbing out onto the fire escape, they immediately went to the roof. Once they got to the top, they were met with the sight of Mark and Toby in their suits tonight, this making both Alexa and Tommy very happy and excited.

Stinger and Ranboo were back tonight motherfuckers.

"Oh my gods, guys! Your new suits look so cool!" Alexa marvelled, running over to them, checking out all their gear with a great deal of excitement.

"Just for tonight until the rest of the gear is finished," Stinger said with a nod to NightCrawler, smiling. "You and Alyssa have some work to finish up." He said with a teasing tone making her scoff, rolling her eyes behind the goggles she wore.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm just waiting for her to get her shit together and contact me when she's ready." She said while moving on to examine Ranboo's suit next. Both of the designs for each suit had been a product of Alexa's mind running rampant while she was holding a pencil, but in the end they ended up to be pretty damn cool suits.

Ranboo's suit was quite literally that. A latex-like black and white dress suit with green and red accents, neon colors glowing at the edges, the same patterns on the dress pants he wore. He didn't need a mask, he had decided that he wanted to be in his Enderman form whenever they would go out at night, as every Enderian Pure Blood (with the acception of few Triple Hybrids) who could shapeshift into what their ancestors looked like, looked the same regardless of their looks as humans. However, he still needed the special gloves and hair net that didn't look like he was wearing, but kept hair from being left at wherever he'd been fighting. The gloves do the same, not looking as if they were wearing anything, but makes sure no fingerprints were left.

Tubbo's costume is made up of a black jacket-like suit with neon yellow stripes on the arms. He somehow managed to find an actual gas-mask in the Black Market and customize it to his liking, having had Alexa print out a honeycomb pattern to spray paint a bright neon yellow onto the filters, after having spray painted the whole thing black. He has a pair of the same gloves and hair net that they all have, as well as the same special enchanted material that Alexa made, sewn onto the rips in his black jeans.

With a few more comments and jokes about Alexa needing to finish the suits and gear, they were off into the night. Ready to take on muggers and bank robbers.

And that is just what they did. Stopping a few muggings, interrupted a bank robbery, they even managed to run into that kid Aaron again from a few weeks ago when Theseus was on patrol. They even managed to be out while it rained, it wasn't that helpful when they were running across rooftops, since the tread on the bottoms of their boots needed to be replaced, but it was kind of cool to see the city lit up while it rained. It made the lights look pretty.

Although, at one point when NightCrawler was stopped on a rooftop for a moment to catch her breath, she felt a chill go down her spine. Feeling as if, somewhere in the distance, someone was watching her.