chapter two

kenzie

kenzie

"Come on, let's get a taxi." I said, grabbing my suitcase as Theo and I walked out of baggage claim towards the exit.

We managed to wave out and get a taxi. Theo ushered me to get in while he helped the guy put our luggage in the back.

When they were done the trunk shut with a bang and they got into the car, Theo slipping in beside me.
"Right so where we heading?" The taxi guy asked in a typical New York drawl, chewing loudly on some gum.

I checked the address once again on my phone,"um the Cornwall apartment at 13th street."

He grunted and started the car, driving pretty rashly.

I looked down at my phone to check the time. It was twelve.
We should be able to make it by lunch time.

"I wish you and I were sharing an apartment." Theo muttered.

"Mmmhmm." I voiced, not fully hearing him as I scrolled through pictures on my camera roll, a smile tugging at my lips at a picture of me and Maddie at my graduation.

"Did you even hear what I said?" Theo's voice boomed in my ear, snapping me out of it.
I switched my phone off, turning to him. "No sorry. What did you say?"

He frowned, folding his arms but said it anyway.
"I wish you and I were sharing an apartment. This way we'll just be thrown in with some weird stranger and will have to live, sleep and breathe the same space as them." He said grumpily.

I smiled,"It won't be too bad. anyway you know between the two of us we never could've been able to afford the other apartment options we had. It was either this, a hostel or fraternity house for you."

Theo grunted.

"Cheer up, we're in New York baby!" I joked, making my voice all high pitched.

"You're not the one sharing an apartment with two people. I'd be a lot more cheerful if I only had to deal with one person other than myself." He huffed.

"You're sharing a room with two people?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah."

"So if they're good looking, one for you and one for me."
I grinned.

His expression turned sour
"Funny."

-

Soon the car came to a stop.

"Out you get. I'll help you with your luggage." The taxi driver got out of the car.

I opened the car door, getting out and checking out the apartment building.
"Looks pretty decent from the outside." I mumbled to Theo and he agreed, while he heaved my suitcase from the trunk.

Before Theo had the chance to protest, I hurriedly paid the taxi driver.

Theo looked angry when he realised but by then the taxi was already moving.