"Well then we're going to make headlines either way," Thomas deadpans, turning to her with his hands held up like he was envisioning the paper now. "Future Duchess of so and so shares steamy kiss with homosexual male."

A beat passed, Jaclyn blinking.

"So what?"

"So what?" He gawked, "When was the last time someone in your position did something like that?" A pause filled the air, allowing space for Thomas's dramatics, "The answer is never."

"And when was the last time the future Duchess of so and so was someone like me?" She asked, pausing to imitate him, then reaching out her hands so he would take them. "You and me? We're making history. We're going down right beside Taglioni and Nureyev."

He lips relaxed, falling into an easy smile, "I just want to look out for you. Somethings wrong, and you're keeping secrets again." And with his relaxation waving off him she still tensed, subconsciously squeezing his hands. "If I can help out in anyway-"

Eyes closed to his raised eyebrows she breathed out a shuddering breath. "Would you trust me if I said this was one I had to keep? That I swore on my own life that I wouldn't tell anyone?"

He had no choice anymore. They were partners, trusting each other, going in blind to lifts or tricks not knowing if the other was prepared was apart of their daily routine. Trust was what they built their relationship on, and trust would continue to be the value they both upheld with the other.

-----

April 2, 2007

Polo would always seem like a complex sport to her. No matter how many matches she watched William play, or how long she lived in England. It was like American football for her, twenty-four years old, watching since she was five, and still clueless to what the rules were.

Sadly, this match she wouldn't get to watch William, but Chelsy had extended an invitation to her to come watch Harry play, and with the night off she couldn't refuse.

Since hearing about William's everchanging chances for deployment, the following two weeks had featured Jaclyn pulling more and more into herself. It was easier that way, she was less likely to ruin everything, but Chelsy knew the truth. Unlike all the other times in the last few years where she had accepted Jaclyn's declinations, she was suddenly demanding the older blonde come.

So come she did.

Dressed in a Jaclyn Webber classic of an oversized shirt and sneakers; her hair for the first time in months askew with natural beachy waves.

Trudging up the grassy incline Jaclyn scanned the field for Chelsy, occasionally locking eyes with people who still hadn't learned not to gawk at her. Suddenly feeling flustered she threw her sunglasses on, hiding behind dark lenses to keep from angrily glaring at all of them.

The match already started, and mostly everyone was focusing on that, allowing for Jaclyn to scour the field until she found the tanned blonde. For once Chelsy appeared to be alone, her long blue skirt and flowy white top panning around her as the wind picked up.

"I was starting to worry you weren't coming," Chelsy called, meeting Jaclyn halfway, but still focusing on the game. Even with the speed, matching uniforms, and helmets Jaclyn was able to pick out Harry from the rest immediately with that goofy smile that varied him from the rest. It helped though that Chelsy didn't seem the least bit interested in the game, and only followed one particular horse with her eyes.

"Not coming was an option?"

"No." They both laughed quietly, but Chelsy stopped to jump up and cheer. Jaclyn assumed something good so she clapped as well. More withering looks were sent their way, so they both decided to put some distance between them and the stands, where mostly everyone was, by sitting out in the grass.