Book Five: enough

Depuis le début

   "And that is why you need to do this. The best way to get her to forgive you is to show her that you have changed, that you are sorry and the only way to make her see it is if she is close to you. There is no other possible way to get her to be near you except through this means. You'll keep your things away from her, so she won't destroy you. Plus, I know she won't because she loves her children and hurting you would be hurting them..."

   "They hate me..."

   "Two out of five," he interjected, "just get her to be your PA and if niceness doesn't work on her, then be the man that you are and use your power. I promise you, Ass, she'd forgive you. You can also use the children..."

   "What if it doesn't work?" I voiced out with worry.

   "Look," he sighed, "you didn't ask for my opinion when you destroyed her, so don't vex me. I'm only giving you this advise because your life have been miserable enough and that lady deserve love and peace again. You either do it, or you don't. It's none of my concern."

   I did it, now I pray and wait and hope that everything goes exactly as planned. "They're ready!" I snapped my neck to the stairs, my jaw dropping at the beautiful woman gracefully walking down the stairs. Her body wasn't what it used to be, expanded but hell did pregnancy do her good.

   The slim woman I fell in love with, the woman with short Sandy brown hair and the woman walking down the stairs, eyes fixed on her daughters skipping down the stairs in front of her, were different. This one was fatter, fuller breasts, waist and curves were in places she never had. Lavender was not curvy, she didn't even have hips to begin with, just really slender.

Pregnancy was a miracle to her life.

   She wore a glinting star dress, a black one that did no good in covering her now fleshy thighs. Not even the fishnet helped shake my gaze off her legs or send my wild imagination away.

I am doom.

   "Beau... Rominic, are you ready?" She asked, pulling Serenity back from jumping down the stairs. I shook my head.

   "Ready? For what?"

   "Shopping. There is no way I'm taking them shopping alone, Serenity and Zayne will never let me hear the end of it. You are their new best friend, apparently," she rolled her annoyed eyes to me, "plus, it will help ease Zach's anger," my lips parted a little, she wanted to help me earn his trust?

   "You..."

   "I'm doing this for him, not you," she stated firmly. But even though, it made me smile.

   "Daddy," Serene pulled at my hand, "do I look beautiful in this dress? Grandma thinks it pretty but I think I look like a sheep," she complained, scowling at the puffy white dress she wore. "Why can't I wear something as nice and lovely as Sera?" She whined.

   "Because, these are the only good clothes we have, for now," Sera, the sharp mouthed girl answered, "now stop complaining, Serene, or you are grounded for a week," Serene cupped her mouth and nodded obediently. I loved how Serafina took charge at most situation. She already had the family command in her and my manipulative ability, also the ability to draw the truth out of anyone and anything. Her brother, Zach, he just had the looks. His eyes could make things happen within seconds.

   "Okay, kids, your father would take you shopping, I'll be going with your grandma to check out your new school..." My eyes widened in horror.

   "You are leaving me to shop with kids!" I shouted in panic, "two girls!"

   "Relax, they are eight, not sixteen, at least, not yet. I'm sure they won't stress you that much. Your real worry should be Zyaire, he can never decide what he really wants so go crazy or ask Zach." She shrugged. I gulped and glanced at the bored boy that hate me.