After the truth

It was supposed to be a regular Friday night at the Davenport house hold ,but it wasn't. Bree walked through the front door and the tears she couldn't hold back any longer, came trickling down her face. Chase walked in the room and saw her slide down the door as she cried.
Chase: Bree! What happened?
He asked as he ran to her side. Wrapping his arm around her, he tried to calm her down. In return she turned and buried her head in his chest, grabbing fistfuls of his v-neck. A few moments later , after finally finding her voice, she pulled back and said...
Bree: I ran into Ethan again and it reminded me that he--
She stopped ,unable to say what happened next. Her words faltering in her head. The tears that were lightly spilling over her cheeks, began to cascade as violent sobs racked her petit frame, gripping her brother's shirt tighter.
Chase: Ethan what? Talk to me.
Her adoptive brother encouraged sweetly. His eyes and voice filling with both concern and pain. He hated seeing her like this. Although they're a year apart, she still feels like the baby. They were okay with that, it didn't change how much her family loved her. It hurt him to see his little sister in any kind of pain. Whether physical or emotional. It hurt him, but the pain was there, and he would try and protect her from it at ALL costs.
Bree: He... cheated on me.
She said , her voice trembling as she spoke. Chase's body language and facial features changed almost immediately, as his protective grip on her waist tightened. Anger flashed through his hazel-green eyes. No one hurt his little ,adoptive sister this way. Just then Adam and Davenport walked into the living room. Adam was Bree's real brother, while Chase was adopted ,well, taken, from Douglas(davenport's demented brother),to protect him.
Adam: what's wrong?
He asked, slightly confused. Chase answered him slowly and coldly. As if ice was running through his veins.
Chase: Ethan thought it would be funny to cheat on Bree. And she didn't tell us. I'm not mad at bree, I understand this her first heartbreak. She wouldn't want to open up to any so soon, she needs time to heal.
He said calmly. Davenport's jaw clenched and his hand formed a tight fist as he forced him self to not lash out. Adam froze ,the words hitting him like a ton of bricks ,anger slowly filling his system. Leo and Tasha were told the same story an hour later. The next morning, Bree stayed close to her three older ,real brother and year older adoptive brother while they were at the mall. She froze when she saw Ethan come her way. Stopping a few feet away from her, and reached for her hands. She quickly stepped back from him.
Ethan: Bree, I'm really sorry!
He said with fake sincerity the three bionic teens could easily see through. Bree willed herself not to cry, but she did yell at him. Trying desperately to choke back sobs that escaped unwillingly. Tears made their way down her face as she spoke.
Bree: You're lying!
She screamed. He jumped back, scared because of her reaction.
Bree: you think 'sorry' is going to take away the pain?! You think you can get away with breaking my heart?! I thought you loved me ,Ethan,but you used me to get to Ashley. Well, congratulations, you win! You've officially made it clear to me that I'm useless and not worth your oh so precious time."
She composed her self a little before continuing.
Bree: You know Ethan, promises should never be broken ,especially by people you love, but that's exactly what you did. You promised you would protect me, love me, but instead you broke me and that stupid promise. I'm worthless to you, just some girl you felt bad for, and now I understand. Just leave me alone!"
By the end of her rant ,her tears had gone from a light cascade, to a torrential down pour. As Bree cried , she curled into Chase's surprisingly toned chest and Abs , taking fistfuls of his shirt in her hands as her small frame shook violently with loud sobs. His right arm wrapped around her back and his left cradled her head. He glared at Ethan as he forced himself to bite his tongue so he wouldn't add to what Bree said only seconds earlier. The only thing he said was
Chase: don't EVER talk to Bree again. If you do ,Adam and I won't hesitate to hurt you. Are we clear?
He said, anger evident in his voice. His usually hazel-green eyes turned a dark ,stormy brown.
Ethan: make me.
He stated in a cocky tone. That's when Adam snapped. He pushed him back against the wall and Ethan couldn't get free. The funny thing was, Adam wasn't using his super strength.
Adam: if you ever talk to ,look at , or think about her , I will beat you to the point where you wish you were dead.
Ethan trembled at the sound of his deep , venomous voice ,which he only used when someone hurt his family. In this case, it was his baby sister, and if you knew Adam, you'd be scared to even hurt her slightly, let alone break her heart.
Ethan: got it
He whimpered. Adam released his shoulder and Ethan took off running. Bree was just leaning against Chase as he rubbed her back. He whispered in her ear...
Chase: wanna get some ice-cream?
Bree: yes!
She answered with a big grin on her face. They all walked to the nearest ice-cream shop which was the Baskin-Robins in the mall. He ordered her a large sundae. Knowing she wouldn't finish it , ordered the largest one.
Bree: really.
Chase: what?
He asked innocently. She rolled her eyes as she ,Adam ,and Chase managed to eat the entire sundae. They went home and decided to order pizza and watch a movie. An hour and 45 minutes later , they fell asleep in the living room. Adam on the ground and Bree and Chase on the couch. Three weeks ago ,when Ethan officially cheated on Bree , she became surprisingly clinging to Chase. He didn't know why ,but he didn't care. He secretly loved Bree. Ever since they found out two years ago that the only things that related them is the last name and the fact that they are bionic ,Bree and Chase became closer. They enjoyed the evenings when it was just them. Weather it was watching a movie they've seen for the millionth time ,or just watching a re-run of her favorite show. He enjoyed the way her face lit up when he brought home a giant slushy and fro-yo after her molars were taken out and she couldn't eat anything hard. He helped her when her homework became really stress full. He knew when her time of the month came around and always had Hershey's chocolate kisses and lots of Advil and Pamprin on hand. Knowing she didn't like him ,hurt. But ,he went on his business every day like it didn't. The morning after their movie night marathon,they woke up and Bree decided right then and there she going to tell Chase she loves him. A plan formed in her head and went a little something like this. She would get him alone on the deck by their enormous pool. They would sit in the little cabana and talk until she said the words she needed to get out of system ,even if he didn't love her back. Her plan was put into action around eleven when she asked him to swim with her. Chase ,wanting to be alone with her anyway , said yes. Some how their plans got changed and they ended up on the their little private beach attached to the house. After two hours of playing in or around the water ,it was time to confess.
Chase: so what did you wanna talk to me about?
He asked, curiousity edged into his voice. Bree took several deep breaths before starting her speech.
Bree: since we were born, we've been living a lie. Everything from Douglas being our 'father' to finding we weren't related. That was all a lie. But ,when we did found out we weren't related ,I so happy. Chase ,I've liked you since we found out we weren't related. I know it sounds weird ,but I had to tell you at some point in time.
Chase wasn't weirded out at all.
Chase: really?
He asked kind of excited.
Bree: yes.
A smile made its way to his face as he pulled Bree into his lap and kissed her with a fiery passion fueled by love. They eventually pulled apart and Bree said
Bree: wow!
Chase: will you be my girlfriend?
Bree: yes!
She screamed ,attacking him with a hug. And that ,ladies and gentlemen, was the beginning of a beautiful relationship that lasted till' death did them part.

THE END