Chapter 37

The next few days flew by followed by a lot of yelling by Rebekah. The nursery was in the making which is why Klaus decided to take me away for a few days while the room was in construction.

England.

He had told him he would bring me and so he did. We have been here for the last

two days and it's beautiful. The trees are covered in snow, crisp in the air. I had been dining on fancy restaurant food and learning British accents. It's romantic really. We're leaving tomorrow day sadly but we have to be back for the last day of the year. "This has been so beautiful, you have to bring me back in the new year" I exclaim while relaxing in the bath.

Klaus pov

I still haven't told her that I have to leave. It will break her and she's so happy. I must tell her but how? I now know I'm having a daughter and I still have to leave them both behind. It's only a matter of time until Elena notices I'm hiding something from her. "You enjoy your bath, I need to make a call love," I leave Elena be and go into another room.

Klaus:"How are things holding up?"

Elijah: "Rebekah hasn't stopped ordering us around, why are you calling brother when you're away with the lovely Elena?"

Klaus: "I just needed to make sure my family was okay, Elena and I will be back tomorrow late evening".

Elijah:"We will see you then, and Niklaus please stop hiding the truth from her".

I hung up the phone to hear my name getting screamed. I rush to Elena to see her in tears and anger. "You're leaving again!" she screams. "I got a phone call assuming that I already knew what was going on. I know about it all Klaus; how you are going back to Mystic Falls and going to be there more than a month this time. How have you planned for me to be taken to another private house with your family? I know so! Were you just going to leave without saying goodbye" Her tears run out of her eyes in her breaking sobs. I try to move closer to her and rest a hand on her but she pushes me away. "I was going to tell you, I have to go Elena as you're and our child is in harm's way. Love you have to understand that I'm trying to protect you" I sounded desperate but I don't know what to say. She stands there hurt making me feel like I couldn't live up to anything I try to do for her. "I'm going for a walk" I watch her get her coat and walk out the door leaving me here.

Elena pov

I knew there was something he was hiding from me but I didn't want to admit it. How many times must he keep doing the same things and expecting me to be okay with it. There's a chance that he won't be around to witness his daughter's birth or to experience much as he is always leaving. "I just found out and I don't know what to do" I cry on the phone to Rebekah feeling slightly embarrassed. "Oh Elena, Nik just texted me and told me which is why there is a plane on it's way to collect you both. On the bright side there is a new room for you to see" Rebekah was always one step ahead of me which always helped. "I'll see you soon sister" I say, hanging up the phone and returning back to the little house.

Bags were packed and there was nothing but silence. A 12 hour and 55 minute flight. "Love we're going to be flying for quite some time we should talk" I don't even look at him and look out the window and try to drift off to sleep. "Elena love please" Klaus is not a beggar so for him to be begging me to talk is new. "What do you want me to say, I'm thrilled that you're leaving and might not see the birth of your daughter. I'm not! I get why you are leaving but it still is shit I may not be okay with it but I will try to understand for our daughters sake. But Klaus I swear to god if you're not there for your daughter's birth I will gladly put a dagger through your heart'' I threaten. I close my eyes and try to sleep like I wanted to.

I couldn't sleep for the whole flight but I slept for at least half of it. The awkward silence was growing more and more and I hated it. The plane flight is making my stomach turn so I haven't left the bathroom for the last two hours. I have refused any help from him as I'm still mad. There are still four and half hours of the flight left back to New Orleans and I've survived it so far I just have to keep being the way I am. "You know Faith, your dad is a huge pain in the ass but I still love him even though I question it I still love him" I talk to my baby every now and then like she's already in my arms. No one can prepare themselves for a child but you can try. "You're going to be so loved, you 're already so loved. You probably think I'm crazy talking to you when you're not even out yet but I have to keep myself sane somehow" I know I'm sounding crazy but I had to keep myself distracted. "Elena as much as I think it's cute you talking to our daughter, you should probably eat something" Why does he have to look after me when I'm pissed at him. I get off the floor from the bathroom and unlock the door. I push past Klaus and pull out a blood bag from the cooler. I rip off the tear slip and start to drain the bag. "Easy" god I can drink how much I want. I don't need a babysitter. "I'm drinking for two, remember not just one" I sarcastically say. I toss the empty blood bag in the bin and sit back in my seat. "Klaus if you keep looking at me I will rip out your eyes from their sockets" I threaten harshly. I just want to go back to my room, curl up in a ball and sleep.