Chapter 16

Kol pov

Today there have been all sorts of surprises. Finding out that I'm going to be an uncle is the highlight though. I never got the chance to even think about kids. I died at 18; the same age Elena did. My brother who everyone thinks is a loveless monster is in love with the girl he traumatized. Definitely something Klaus would do. Elijah feels for Elena and loves her. Something doesn't sit well though. Elena hasn't been home for some time. Nik is having a tantrum which only means Elena has gone off somewhere. God why couldn't my dear brother see that this girl needed more time to process and adjust to things than he does.

Drinking a glass of whiskey and worrying with the thought of Elena Gilbert. I'm not in love with her like my brothers are but I did feel something towards her. Compassion of understanding maybe. It would be nice to have another sister around in a way.

I reach my hand into my pocket to pull out my buzzing phone.

"Ah Cami what seems to be the reason you're calling unless you want to have a chat" This would be interesting.

"It's Elena, she came to me to talk and when she did she told me some stuff to do with her past and I don't think anyone else better than you could somewhat understand her pain. You were both 18 when you died. I think Elena would prefer it if you don't mention this to the others" Cami informs.

"Thank you darling for sharing this with me, I will handle this" and with that I hang up.

I will not search for Elena until she is ready to come home then I'll talk to her.

Elena pov

I found myself in the bayou. I need to clear my head. I allow my body to break and turn into the wolf. It's like seeing the world with new eyes. I push off with all force and run. I run with the wind, the fur on my back, on four pours. The thoughts that cloud my judgement don't worry me when I feel free. I am in control, nobody makes choices for me! I won't allow it anymore! A creature which I always feared is now the most beautiful thing.

Klaus pov

It's been too long! I'm this close to storming the streets of New Orleans to find her. She's carrying my child with a target on her back and I let her go on her own. Why did I let her go on her own!? Is she still with Cameil? I have called Elena three times and nothing. Did she not understand that there are threats and she's got my son or daughter within her. I know she can handle herself but I'm stuck waiting. Worrying. She hasn't spoken a word to me apart from the garden when she left. We were perfectly fine this morning. But I guess when you find out that an old love from the past is after you that would change things. I care too damn much about this girl!

Not knowing where my mate is killing me. The connection is strong. I can feel it between her and I. Except I haven't shared my blood with her. It's only a matter of time until the side effects might happen.

I can't wait anymore! I throw on my jacket and walk out of my room and towards the front door. "Niklaus she'll come back when she is ready" Elijah stops in front of me.

"Who said I was going to look for her?" I rhetorically ask with my eyebrows raised.

I stand patiently at Cameil's door. "Klaus" the surprisingness in Cami's tone makes me wonder what don't I know that she does. Worried even. I push open the door and nowhere to be seen of Elena. Typical of her. "Where is she Cameil" I try to remain calm as I ask but I want to burst. I'm tired of Elena's stunts like this. It's the Salvatore's fault, honestly they treated her poorly.

"Klaus I think you should give Elena some space right now" I look Cameil in the eye and listen to her heartbeat. She isn't lying. Cameil walks back to the door and holds it open. As I walk out I glance at Cami. There are some things I don't know.