Part 5

Ruby POV
I woke up, but Paul wasn't there. I'm not sure what happened or how I fell asleep, but all I remember is that we were hiding from Douglas. I started to drift off again when I heard 'Come up Ruby' in my head. It was David."Where's Douglas?Where's Paul?What happened? I don't know how to get out of here 'I minded back. 'Ruby calm down. My god just stay there'It was silent, then I heard the shuffling of feet. I scrambled up just in time as Davids head popped into an opening. "My god,child, the exit was right here. Come on,now," he said as he put his hands out for me to grab. I grabbed his and then we flew the rest of the way back up. I looked around and saw the place was a mess. "What happened?" I asked. "Douglas happened, Ruby. We tried the best we could, but he's still out there and he's still a threat to you," he explained. "So don't go out and do something stupid." I groaned in annoyance and disappointment. But I was still fearful of Douglas. "Don't worry baby we gotchya back," I heard an all too familiar voice say. I turned around. "Paul!" I yelled, running and jumping onto his shoulders. "Whoa, there, youre actin like we haven't seen each other for ages," he said, laughing. "Heyyy look who's finally awake," Marko said, trying to pick up some things off the floor that had fallen. Paul set me down. "Where's my brother?" I asked. "Which one?" Marko sarcastically replied, "We're all your brothers now," he said. Rolling my eyes I specified. "Dwayne, you dumbutt." Just then, the one and only walked out of the hallway. When he saw me on the couch, he walked over and picked me up. My legs were wrapped around his waist, and my arms around his neck. "Dwayne Douglas is still out there," I said, my words muffled, since my face was buried on his shoulder. "I know, Ruby," he replied, sittingback down in the couch. "What're we gonna dooooooooo?" I groaned. "We'll get him soon. Don't worry," he said, rubbing my back, like he always does to comfort me. David, Paul, and Marko were cleaning up. "Mind giving us a hand you two?" David asked. "Nah I'm good," I said making the others laugh. He stopped and pointed a finger at me. "Don't be a smart a*s. You're the main reason this place was destroyed in the first place. Now get up and help out," he yelled.

Paul POV

After we cleaned up the place, we went to feed. Ruby joined us this time, gladly. She drained three people, since she didn't join us last night. She sure is sexy when she's drinking blood. While the guys went to the boardwalk, her and I decided to walk on the beach. While walking on the soft sand, I looked at her. She looks so gorgeous in the moonlight. "The first night you came. You were playing your guitar and you're an awesome guitar player, hon'. By the way..." She turned to me and smiled. Her smile looked like Marko's, which scared me a little. "Thanks. Its just a hobby. Now that you mention it, I haven't played since I came to stay with you guys. Maybe I'll play somethin' when we get back." "Or we could do something else," I said, trying not to smirk. "What're you talkin' about?" she asked. "You know..... Well you're so beautiful Ruby." "Thank you. You're beautiful too," she replied, starting to laugh. "But seriously babe. You wanna go back before the others come?" "For what?" she asked, finally calming down. "So you can show me your guitar." "Alright."

We walked into the area with her bed. "Aw wait Paul. I can't play because its out of tune. I've gotta tune it and that would take too long." That's fine. So whattya wanna do now?" I asked hugging her from behind. She held on to my arms with her soft hands. "If you're trying to do what I think you are, we can't. Paul what if we get caught. Dwayne oughta kill you if he finds out." "I don't care. I'm not scared, babe. I'm all yours. We have till the end of time." She sighed. She tilted her head back and kissed me.........

Ruby POV

I woke up under my sheets. Smiling, I was thinking about last night. Paul obviously wasn't with me because the guys eventually would've come home. All of a sudden, I heard yelling out in the main lobby. As I listened more, I realized it was my brother. And what he was yelling about scared the s*it out of me. "You WHAT with Ruby!!?! Are you CRAZY??!!?" This is going to be bad. Dwayne never yells.