part twelve

Ares |
raison d'etre- a reason for existing.

•••

Her hair, god her hair. Silky and long enough for me to grab, enough to fuel my dreams.

Her light green eyes. The mole on the side of her cheek. Her voice, velvety and slightly deeper then other girls I've known, like a mermaid or perhaps a siren— drawing me in with each word, mesmerising me part by part. Her smile, the dimples indented on either side of her mouth, popping out when she smiles that beautiful smile and when she laughs that sweet melody, it's something I never want to forget.

"Ares! Fucking hell! Listen man" a voice from my far left says, a hand snapping in front of my face to wipe me from my daze.

"Yes?" I respond absentmindedly, lifting my hips slightly and readjusting my pants a little while promptly clearing my throat, snapping out of my daydreams, well this is fucking shit.

I've always been focused when it comes to work, I promised myself I would and now because of Bella I'm not.

"Man you gotta a lot of talent..." Dave says, his voice fading off at the end of the sentence, i can already hear the 'but'— "but, your young and no one wants to trust the young guys. All the men who have been doing this for decades will hate you. We need to prove to them that you've got it, alright? You also need more sponsors and I want you to build a presence on social media" he says while my lips scrunch up in a grimace.

I don't want my life out for people to see.

"This Sunday is a race, when people watch you drive that hunk of metal around I want them to think 'oh he's gonna be something big, he has it' — he says in a pretend voice— that's what they have to think" He says with desperation clear in his strained and rusty voice.

"Okay, what do you want me to post on social media?" the words are distasteful on my lips and I try to hold off the sneer working it's way through onto my pink lips.

Not the only pink lips I know. Both of them.

"We need something that will get a lot of attention" — he says, while I carefully bring the cooled glass of water to my lips,— "how to you feel about leaking ur sex tape?"

My eyes widen and I spit the water out in surprise, if someone took a photo of my face right now I would have to guess it could be a mix between anger and fury.

"What" I say with a clenched jaw while my hand tightens around my glass, I start to stand up calmly and see Dave visibly gulp at my size. I put a hand in my pocket and take long, powerful strides as I start my journey to the other side of the room, where Dave sits at the other end of the hard wood table, the words that fall next are like venom — cold and deadly, but also an unsettling calm, "Dave, I don't know who the fuck you think you are but for you to ask me to leak my own damn sex tape is something I will never do, I refuse to snoop that low for attention. It also shows the amount of respect you have for me and"— I laugh slightly with a smile on my face that holds no ounce of kindness in it, my eyes hard and filled with anger — "surprisingly enough, I can't seem to find that level of insult okay"

"Listen I mean no offence, I—"

"I want to be known for my talent and how I drive my car, not for how big my dick is and how I fuck, simple as that my friend" although saying he is my friend is an obvious and patronising lie.