part four

Ares | suffocating in fresh air
Pluviophile- a person who loves the rain

•••

Rain. Something that bought me comfort.It still does. It brings me into another world. Thunderstorms. Sun showers. I love it all. The way it sounds and how it echo's through the night. I wallow in the rain. The aftermath. The love.

One of my earliest memories being dancing in the rain with Asteria, her name meaning the goddess of shooting stars and the night. My little sister. Shes 17 now. I miss her, she was truly my world.

I left. Ran away from my problems, maybe i needed a fresh start, maybe i was just sick of life in london.

I was trapped. suffocating in fresh air.

The rain passed and it's been one week. One fucking week since I last saw belle, she asked me to stay with her and then I wake up and she's gone. Its bullshit. she concludes my thoughts, her green eyes, like an angel — its all i see.

That look she gives me. It's the pained expression that i mirror. The look i carry around like jewelry. The look that is so much more than just a look.

It's not just that she's been ignoring my calls but she's been texting theo, apparently they are friends. friends my ass.

I don't care but whos she to ghost me?

He invited me over and said that she would be there as well, that'll be fun.

I'm already making my way over to his apartment, its just down the road from my own so pretty easy. Its going into autumn and the crinkling of the leaves benalth my feet send sound waves through the park.

Autumn isn't my favourite season, i hate the transition from warmth to cold — i would much rather have it be hot all year, winter doesn't sit right with me, maybe because its where it all ended. Where my world stopped.

Before i even make my way through the door i can already hear her laughter, she has that smile that lights up the room, it's contagious. She is joined by another female voice — the red head, Amelie i think it was?

I open the door and yeah its unlocked, the stupid motherfucker, i make my way through the modernised hallways, marble floors that look hand polished, paintings and statues on display to guests, sky-high windows that adorn the perimeter of the penthouse. Its all familiar to my eyes. I have been here so much, i could probably tell you all the paintings names and artists.

I round the corner that leads to the living room and there she stands, her movements come to a stop and her eyes widen as she looks between theo and me — letting out a string of swear words under her breath and whispering something to the red head.

She's wearing a grey cropped polo shirt and blue jeans that hang lowly on her waist and a pearl charm necklace adorns her neck, leaving her collar bones bare to my gaze. tell me why it's so hot cause i have no idea.

"Belle" i say addressing her

"its bella" she corrects nicely but i can see the frustration in her eyes as she bites her tongue.

"I know" i say with a sly grin on my face as i watch her get worked up.

Damn she has a short-temper.

She mutters something along the lines of asshole so i speak up, "What was that" i say mockingingly.

"Asshole! better? or do you need fucking hearing aids?" she says — well screams — Amelie and Theo both stop their conversation and look our way giving a questioning glance. I wave them off and turn my attention back to the girl in front of me who is much shorter.

I try to stifle my laugh but it comes out as a snort.

"What are you a fucking pig" she says while eyeing me with disgust, whats up with her? her eyes soften after her words and she mumbles a small sorry — the sadness dances around in her eyes as i study her, trying to figure her out but as our eyes connect its as though she turned it all off.

"Lets go" I say while hauling her ass out of the room, leaving Amelie and Theo to their conversation. We stand in the hallway, the floor squeaking beneath us as we walk, "Wanna explain why you ghosted me?"

"Actually, i kinda gotta go" Belle says as she makes a bolt to the front door, not making it 3 steps before I step in front-- blocking her path, "Stay" I say while holding her in place with my hands on her shoulders so she doesn't do a runner.

She reluctantly stays put, avoiding eye contact and fiddling with her hands, did I miss something?

"uh about that night, I don't remember, i was really fucking drunk, i'm also i lightweight so yeah and I don't know if we hooked up or anything but that's the only thing I can think of and it would've been my first time so-"

she thinks we fucked?

I tilt my head slightly before letting out a small laugh and she looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed together as she looks up at me, obviously confused on what's so funny.

"baby we didn't hook up" I say with an amused smile on my face. So that's why she was ignoring me.

"But i-"

"You were drunk so I brought you home and had one of the maids change you but then you asked me to stay with you, so I did"

She blushes and turns away, "oh"

"So we can be friends again?" She says while shrugging her shoulders with a small smile and and sceptical look on her face.

"We were never friends" I say and her smile drops before regaining its position on her face

"You know I can be very persuasive" she says smugly with a mischievous smile on her face as

"oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Give me 2 weeks"

"Bet"

HELLO MY LOVES💘💘this chapters kinda short but enjoy, hope both sides of your pillow are cold

HELLO MY LOVES💘💘this chapters kinda short but enjoy, hope both sides of your pillow are cold. its like 5am right now so fuck me im gonna be dead tommorrow. Im shit at writing male povs but here it is.

this was more of a filler chapter, lmk what you think as always no fake hoes.

Guys im at my grandparents house and they live down the coast so its fucking perfect anyway just thought i needed to share thats, love you I so much and thank you for taking the time to read my book.

1107 words