Chapter 2: Nobody

Throwing off the hazmat suit. And grabbing a hoodie and jeans off the ground.

I read the message written on the wall in blood. I stand there for a few seconds in shock. Not wanting to find out who wrote it, I snapped back to reality and rushed to the shuttle. I avoid the growing flames as I stand facing the device that would soon bring me misfortune. I open the now-closed shuttle doors to see all the wires broken inside. As I stare at the sparks from the machine," Who could've broken the machine when I just stepped out of it" Not wanting to dwell on this thought and panic, I began to rush to the exit. The red exit sign was tilted, the dim light was flickering. And the doors were stained with blood. So when I pushed them open I tried to avoid those areas. The doors opened with a loud screeching sound. I looked down a dark hallway only lit by dimmed flickering lights. I paced slowly down the hall, trying to ignore the smell and sight of blood. I remembered there was an elevator at the end of the hallway, so I hurried to it.

I arrived at the Grey elevator doors.

I pressed the open button, the elevator door swung open slowly, blood began to slide out from the door. I looked up in confusion and disgust. My eyes met with that of a dismembered man on the ground. He was missing one of his eyes, and his arms were torn off, with the bone sticking out the elbows. Indicating his arms were broken forcefully. I covered my mouth, holding in my vomit, and stepped into the blood-soaked elevator. I click the button to the first floor. My finger was covered in blood. The elevator arrived on the first floor I step out and instantly throw up.

*THUMP*

I turn around to see the man now standing. He had his white lab coat now soaked in red. He grabbed his eyeball off the elevator floor and shoved it back into its socket. He then turned and looked back at me with a blank expression on his face, as if he was being controlled. " Are you alright?" I asked. The man didn't say a word. I looked at his clothes and walked backward. I noticed his name tag on his coat, it was drizzled in blood but I could still make out the words.

"Victor Smith"

"So your name is Victor Smith can u explain to me what's going on?" Victor looked at me and again said nothing. His eyes began to turn pitch black and he charged at me. He grabbed me by my throat as if he had superhuman strength. He slammed me against the floor, and I began to cough up blood. I began to punch him in the face with the little bit of strength I had. He picked me back up still holding onto my kneck and threw me against the elevator door. An energy pistol fell out of his pocket. I rushed to it and picked it up. Victor grabbed me by my foot and began to pull me near him.

"DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS VICTOR"

I help up my energy pistol and aimed it at Victor's head "Please Victor" I said begging for Victor to show a sign he was alive. I pulled the trigger and a blue stream of energy came out. Victor's body stood for a second and then collapsed to the floor. Blood began to pour from his head, I mustered up whatever strength I had left and headed for the door. I opened the door to the sunset shining upon a broken city. Right then and there I made a vow to myself that I would save the future but before that, I had to head back into the past.

TO BE CONTINUED