Chapter 1: Future

The year is "2098" civilization has advanced technologically.

In a briefing room in The United States of America.

"we've done it, folks, we have built the first-ever time machine!" the announcer exclaimed.

I listened to the speech in the back of a brightly lit room. The people who attended this meeting were upper-class citizens in fancy clothing. Meanwhile, I was dressed in plain clothes. My brown hair hung right above my eyes. Unlike the rest of the people here, I wasn't an upper-class citizen. I was a nobody with no identity or family. This scientist offered me the deal of a lifetime. If they use me as a test subject, I would get paid $100,000. As any person in my financial situation would, I happily accepted the proposal.

*Applause*

*Applause*

After they finished the briefing. A female scientist with a nice slim figure and white lab coat walked up to me. "Ready to go, Jason?" she asked. I looked up at her and nodded my head. She escorted me out of the briefing room and walked me down a long, bright hallway with a single elevator at the end. "How long will the experiment take?". Secretly, I was hoping it would take less than a day. "It will be over before you know it", She stated cheerfully. I looked up at her with a worrisome expression, knowing she was lying. We headed down the elevator to what I presume was the basement. When the elevator doors opened, I saw dozens of scientists working on futuristic items. Flying cars, holographic phones, and the largest project, the Time Machine. The scientist rushed me in and put a hazmat suit on me. They strapped me into a shuttle-like box with a bunch of confusing buttons on the inside. "We will send you 24 hours into the future." the scientist stated. I tried not to panic as I was the first test subject. They put a watch on my hand that tells me the correct time no matter what timeline I'm in. The lady who I now know is Savannah told me to hold my breath. I did as she said and they turned on the machine. A bright light was beaming inside, and then the shuttle shook violently. All I heard was a noise that sounded like...

*Warp*

When the shuttle stopped shaking, the doors opened. Revealing a destroyed lab. I assume I was 24 hours in the future like they said. I looked around to see a destroyed lab with fires everywhere. It was dark. I saw the flying car they were building torn to shreds. And they wrote a message on the wall in blood.

"You aren't the only one they sent, but I will make sure you're the last.

TO BE CONTINUED