2: 14

SANCTUARY II

The ship beamed 2014!Thanos, fully armored, to the ground. Nebula walked towards him.

"Daughter," 2014!Thanos greeted.

"Yes, Father," 2014!Nebula said.

"So, this is the future. Well done."

2014!Nebula took off the orange plate on her head and threw it away. "Thank you, Father. They suspected nothing."

2014!Thanos planted his double-bladed sword on the ground, took off his helmet and placed on top of the sword's edge. "The arrogant never do." He sat. "Go. Find the Stones. Bring them to me."

"What will you do?"

"Wait."

2014!Nebula proceeded to find the Stones. 2014!Gamora was watching, then headed over to where Nebula is being held prisoner.

"Tell me something," 2014!Gamora said. "In the future, what happens to you and me?"

"I tried to kill you," Nebula replied. "Several times." 2014!Gamora rolled her eyes. "But eventually, we become friends. We become sisters."

2014!Gamora held out her hand. "Come on. We can stop him."

Nebula took it.

---

Tony walked towards Steve and Delia who were unconscious on the ground and said, "Come on, buddy. Come on, Delia. Wake up. That's my man. Good girl." He had Steve's shield. "You lose this again, I'm keeping it."

"What happened?" Steve and Delia asked.

"You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." He helped Steve and Delia to their feet. They walked up to join Thor, who had been observing 2014!Thanos from a distance. "What's he been doing?"

"Absolutely nothing," Thor replied.

"Where are the Stones?" Steve questioned.

"Somewhere under all this," Tony said. "All I know is he doesn't have them."

"So we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor told them.

"Yeah," Tony answered. "And I don't much care."

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thunder cracked as Thor stretched out both hands to summon both Stormbreaker and 2013!Mjölnir. His casual clothes transformed into his armor and cape, with his beard getting some braid treatment. "Let's kill him properly this time."

Steve glanced at Delia, noticing her expression. "What is it?"

"Steve, my vision. It's now," she told him. "I need you to promise me something."

"Anything." He took her hands. "What do you need me to do?"

"Like Tony wanted for you, live your life. Move on. Don't pine over me for the rest of your days."

"Dedi-"

Her tone grew desperate. "Steve, please! You have to promise me! Please."

He nodded slowly as a tear fell down his cheek. "Okay. I promise."

Delia smiled shakily as Steve dried the tears that were falling down her cheeks before pulling her into his arms.

The Big Three and Delia walked over to confront 2014!Thanos face to face and 2014!Thanos said, "You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."