Shahar's Nightwalker

Start from the beginning

Quests were not common at all this early in the game when the experience required to level up was still so low. In addition, completing one would normally be done by multiple people; the experience reward was intended to be shared. Though she was surprised to see it, Jisha understood why she was able to level up 4 times at once.

*Now, give me my reward. I want to see this item for myself.*

This was the main reason Jisha had decided to spawn in the Uval Hamlet; the signature item of the legendary NPC Shahar lay here.

The signature items of Synergy's legendary NPCs were as rare as a phoenix's feather, and to get one this early in the game was quite literally the biggest exploit Jisha had up her sleeve. In her previous life, neither she nor anyone she personally knew owned a legendary NPC's item.

*>System message: Dispensing quest rewards:*

*>Shahar's Nightwalker: 1*

The single item was placed directly in her inventory, and Jisha excitedly examined the stats on it.

*>Name: Shahar's Nightwalker*

*>Type: Armor (Accessory, Drape)*

*>Description: "From darkness, bring them to the light."*

*>Rating: Unique*

*>Abilities:*

*>Absolute Anti-Appraisal (Passive): When equipped, user name and level will be hidden from all parties. You may reveal them to anyone at any time. Exception: Rexian's Eyes.*

*>Anti-Paparazzi (Passive): When equipped, all attempts to record you will become corrupted.*

*>Night Walk (Toggle: No cooldown): Presence -99% for up to 1 minute. Time remaining: 1:00.00. Cooldown: 1 week.*

*>Object Impermanence (Toggle: No cooldown): Gain up to 5 seconds of incorporeality. Time remaining: 5.00. Cooldown: 1 week.*

Though the Night Walk ability was nothing to scoff at, there was something else Jisha took more notice to.

*Incorporeality??*

"Incorporeality" was arguably the best status effect in the game. Once you were incorporeal, you basically "disappeared from the world". You would become a ghost-like presence with zero ability to interact with the world of Synergy.

This status effect had a long history behind it, but once players figured out its true worth, incorporeality potions that granted even a couple seconds the effect sold for thousands of gold.

Once incorporeal, you would become unable to become targeted, tracked, sensed, etc. You would also be able to pass harmlessly through any object, whether it be physical walls or magical barriers.

*This item is busted. As expected of Shahar...*

Calling it overpowered would be apt. She had unlimited access to a status effect that would ordinarily fetch a hefty sum. In addition to that, every one of its abilities was extremely convenient for Jisha's circumstances.

Appraisal blocking was something she desperately needed, as she predicted she would be the highest leveled player in the game for a while, if not forever. Having a passive ability that was an absolute block would prevent her from being chased down forever for her leveling knowledge.

The Anti-Paparazzi skill was also incredibly convenient; it disallowed any of her combat techniques from being captured and studied extensively.

*Overpowered and convenient... I couldn't ask for anything better.*

Jisha equipped Shahar's Nightwalker without hesitation. The thin black cloth fashionably covered her whole body and didn't hinder her movement.

After admiring her new looks, Jisha noticed another system message on her HUD.

*>System message: You have reached level 5 and are qualified to be listed on the Global Level Leaderboard. If you choose to do so, it will grant everyone visibility of your username, guild, and level.*

*>Accept/Deny*

*I guess I'm level 5 now, so that's a thing.*

Starting at this level, everyone had the option of being listed on the worldwide rankings, making their name publicly searchable.

The global level ranking was something that, in the future, every major power would look at regularly. V-sports recruiters, companies, and even countries would try to snag high-level unaffiliated members for a premium price.

However, in the game's infancy, it was simply a "cool" feature.

If you chose not to list yourself, you would be able to remain private, but wouldn't be able to be recruited, either.

Everyone had their own reasons whether they wanted to be globally ranked, and for Jisha, privacy was of utmost importance. So, she naturally denied the offer.

*>System message: You can switch your rank privacy setting at any time.*

*I don't think I'll ever be doing that.*

As a regressor, it was obvious why she wanted to stay hidden. It was the same reason why a lottery winner shouldn't announce their earnings.

*And now... guilds...*

This was also something she wanted to get started on as soon as possible. Though in Synergy, it was possible for an individual to wield more power than an army, it would always help to have multiple of these individuals. There was only so much she could do alone.

Creating the lowest tier of guild, a basic guild, was free, had no requirements and could be done at any time. Jisha took advantage of this and created one with the same name as in her previous life.

*>System message: Basic guild "Sun Dragons" created!*

Since basic guilds were free, they could only hold 10 members and did absolutely nothing to benefit players. However, it didn't matter, as the Sun Dragons would be upgraded soon enough. It was important to start the recruitment process right away. There was a lot of talent that she knew was out there, and she wanted to get them under her wing.

Users could only join guilds once they were level 5, so it was unlikely that anyone was currently available to recruit. Though users couldn't accept requests, they would still receive a notification.

*Let's see... First, we'll naturally invite Syny.*

Her best friend was irreplaceable.

*>System message: User "Synycal" has been invited to the guild "Sun Dragons".*

*Those 30 unread messages are probably also from her... Anyway, next is Castle.*

*>System message: User "Castle" has been invited to the guild "Sun Dragons".*

She hadn't forgotten about the cute boy who would soon become a top player in the future. He undoubtedly watched the fight, so she knew he would be interested.

*And... Let's invite Bren. His teamwork capability was top-notch. I wonder what happened to him...*

*>System message: User "Brent" has been invited to the guild "Sun Dragons".*

In her previous life, she had never heard of Bren, which was odd.

He was a talented v-sports player with lackeys behind him, and he was in the prime of his life. In addition to that, he claimed to attend the prestigious Northeastern Royal Academy.

*Something big must have happened to him.*

She wanted to know what could have made him disappear from the face of the planet, and she wanted to stop it.

*He's a great asset that anyone would want. It's something I should figure out as soon as I log out.*