2: Me (Blair)

The world drained. Or maybe it was just me. I felt as I became more numb, more detached with each passing second. Soon, I stopped feeling my body. My bedroom ceiling slid out of view, being replaced by numbness.

Something in me buzzed, searching for life. But I was cold as a corpse, barely breathing, barely living. My instincts buzzed again, trying to get me to move.

"Stand up. Stand up, Blair."

I tried to move, but it was as if the emotional numbness had turned into paralyzation. My limbs were unresponsive to my conciseness.

"You can take a walk. Eat something. Sing."

I stood. The floor felt like liquid, and walking through the palace felt swimming. The air tasted of stale glass and the lights were all too bright. The walk wasn't helping. Neither was the way the servants kneeled at my sight and bowed their heads low enough that they could probably see up their own shirts. A chorus of "Your Royal Highness" followed Blair around wherever she went, until the way her throat was closed, and chipper sound of her title became too much. She slipped into a servant levorotary, and locked the door behind her. It was unfitting for her to be there, of course, but the specs dancing across Blair's vision weren't going to wait for her to return to her chamber. 

There, the tears finally came. I gripped the ceramic sink and looked into my reflection. then blinked, silencing mid-sob. My reflection - it was - 

Eyes that were somehow flames and ocean at the same time, wide as small plums... Hair made from pure, stifling flames. A handful of claws in the place of fingers. Anxiety replacing everything inside of me. 

I screeched and fell back. The mouth that wasn't mine opened, and my own shriek was echoed, only a million times louder, and mirroring the sound of a claw on a chalkboard. 

"Blair, listen to me-"

Just as quickly as it had come, the appearance faded away, leaving only me, brown eyed rimmed red, chap-lipped, numbness dilapidating into shock. 

What had that been?